• Houston

Sunday was a beautiful, 60 some degrees cool day for us here in Houston, so we took advantage of that by going out in the fields to see if we could catch something, and Otis got to come along.
    This was his first hunting trip, off leash with all these smells and he LOVED it..This truly was his element.

This is when I first let him off the leash, Lukas and him went running through the fields…letting only the nose be the guide..

After a while he ran with Sofia..until he spotted something…

Way out there in the field he spotted a jackrabbit and he froze..enough to alert my hubby…Otis thought at first that the jackrabbit, fluffy and innocent, was scary, leaning into it to sniff it..because he was not getting any closer

Until my hubby picked it up…then Otis was "oh so I can touch it...then I want it..it is mine.."

All in all it was a great afternoon and evening…we looked at the cows..

..heard all kinds of sounds and smelled the most wonderful scents..

..and most importantly, had a blast..being free, off leash is truly something he enjoyed..

• A Basenji's dream, to be off-leash. 😃

• Great pictures Petra! That first one is a real winner with your son and Otis walking together. I used to take my previous 2 to a huge field. When Nika (blk/wht) was about 9 months old she walked up to me with this big jackrabbit in her mouth and dropped it at my feet. At first I thought it was a dead one she picked up but it was twitching and I was like Whoa!

• Great photos! AJ loves being off the lead. I let him off when it's safe to do so. There are a few places we deliver to where there are large fenced in areas.
    Mr. Nobarkus, she was bringing you food. That is a HUGE honor for a Basenji. AJ doesn't think that highly of me yet.:D

• great pics!!! he has such a beautiful head 🙂

• Very handsome Otis you look great out there hunting.

Rita Jean

• Cool, its great to see the b's out working a field.
    Lovely boy.

• Basenjimamma, how do you load your photos so they come right up with your post? Mine upload as thumbnails and you have to click on them to see the full photo.

Thx

• Houston

AJs Human, I go via photobucket, only because we have some sort of filter on our computer so it won't let me upload via the forum, it is an extra step, but oh well, it works and this way I can send the pics to friends as well…other friends that is.;)

• @AJs:

Basenjimamma, how do you load your photos so they come right up with your post? Mine upload as thumbnails and you have to click on them to see the full photo.

Thx

You have to get the pics from another URL to load them like that. So just use Photobucket.

• Houston

Beautiful Buddy..

• Yep, Buddy's a pretty fellow. Thx, y'all. I'll check out photobucket.

• @AJs:

Yep, Buddy's a pretty fellow. Thx, y'all. I'll check out photobucket.

Let us know if you need any help.

Suggested Topics