Possible B Mixes in Hillsboro, OH Dog Pound

• If anyone might be interested in a couple of young, possibly under one year old, B Mixes, please contact me. There is one male and one female. They are listed as Bull Terrier Mixes and the male looks definitely like a brindle B or B mix. The female has a lot of white though and am unsure about her. I was not given a lot of info about them and am waiting for another person to contact me. I do not know if they are strays or owner turn-ins. They are listed on both petfinder and dogsindanger. They were not at the shelter today as they are temporarily being fostered for the weekend. If the person calls me, I may be able to see them tomorrow, Sunday. It is my understanding that they have been vaccinated and dewormed. I was told that the male weighs around 23 lbs.

Spencer
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14401275

Olivia
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14401269

Jennifer Hill

• "Please note, Spencer is in a high kill shelter and dogs only have to be held for 72 hours due to lack of space." 😞 Now I can't sleep..

Edit: and.. Bull terrier…??

• Oh man…Spencer looks like the mixes I have snoozing on either side of me now...hope they both get good homes.

• Houston

Oh they are too cute.I love Spencer..

• I have a little bit more info about them but Rhonda called too late for me to go and see them today as it is about a 2 hour drive. I hope I can see them on either Wednesday or this coming Saturday, that is if they are not adopted before then.

They were strays, probably dumped, and they were found either together or close to one another. There were 21 dogs that were picked up by the warden so the info might not be correct. They are estimated to be 6-8 months old, although Spencer looks a bit older to me but pictures can be deceiving. Spencer is supposedly smart as a whip and can learn commands quickly, more quickly than any other pup Rhonda has worked with. Olivia is more shy, calmer and will likely be a lap dog. They were playing with a Shar-Pei mixed puppy, that was bigger than they were and Spencer was playing more forcefully than Olivia. Spencer does bark but I do not know about Olivia. They are going back to the pound.

This is a semi-rural county and is not too far away where DHL closed and left 8,000+ unemployed earlier this year. I worked at DHL part-time for awhile and quit in early 2007 after an injury. I worked with people who lived in Hillsboro.

A few years ago there was a B breeder near Wilmington, OH as I saw her ad online. I do not know if this person is still breeding. Anyone on this list have a B from this area?

If you are interested in either of the dogs or know someone who is, please contact Cathy at the number listed on the petfinder webpage. She is the main contact person regarding the dogs at this pound.

Thanks,

Jennifer

• I so hope they can find a home that will treasure them.

• Oh my god! I've just found this posting. Does anyone know anything about Spencer? He is adorable and I'd LOVE to see if he and Shango would make good brothers! I'll call tomorrow!

• They both are very sweet. I hope this is a good fit for you Andrew good luck.

Rita Jean

• Any updates on these 2 dogs?

• @sharronhurlbut:

Any updates on these 2 dogs?

I just called and Spencer is still there….I reserved a time to go look at him and working it out for this Saturday. The woman said though he's listed as a Bull Terrier mix, everyone who meets him says he's a basenji! 🙂

• Way to go Andrew and I really hope it works out he is cute. I have high hopes for you to enlarge your family.

Rita Jean

• I saw Spencer briefly over the weekend. He was in a larger wire crate with Olivia. He seems to be a nice boy but needs socialization, like walking on a leash. He basically crawled on the ground for awhile but I was able to get him to walk like a normal dog. They stated that he was getting better at this as they were working with him on it. I was able to check his teeth and play with his paws with no problem. His tail is long and was down like a Whippet but as he became more relaxed it became more upright like the letter "C". He has dewclaws, including one rear one that will need to removed as it is loose and could get ripped. It can be removed during neuter surgery. They both gave me kisses through the crate. A child came up to the crate and both dogs were excited and got up to be petted. It appears he may have been around children in the past. I estimate him to be 9 months old or even a little older as he is more mature and less excitable than Olivia who I estimate to be 6 months old. I think he weighs between 20-25 lbs as he does not seem as heavy as my males who weigh 25-28 lbs.

He is still intact and the estimate to get him done in that area I believe was $80-90, which is much cheaper than I can have it done at my vets. He has had his shots and I think deworming except for Rabies and if you are taking him across state lines, you need to have it done. He will also need to tested for HW and started on medication. My vet starts Bs on HW no later than they are 6 months old without testing but since Spencer was a stray and the mosquitos have been bad with all the rain lately, I would suggest testing before starting him on it. I would also recommend deworming with Panacur as it will treat Giardia in addition to worms. I did give them a donation for Spencer's initial vetting and vaccines.

Spencer seems like a sweet boy and if I was not full with Bs and if he would have been already neutered, I probably would have taken him home this past weekend. The pound did have room this week as it was not full.

If you want to e-mail me regarding Spencer, my e-mail address is jensrescue@yahoo.com.

Jennifer

• @dcmclcm4:

I saw Spencer briefly over the weekend. He was in a larger wire crate with Olivia. He seems to be a nice boy but needs socialization, like walking on a leash. He basically crawled on the ground for awhile but I was able to get him to walk like a normal dog. They stated that he was getting better at this as they were working with him on it. I was able to check his teeth and play with his paws with no problem. His tail is long and was down like a Whippet but as he became more relaxed it became more upright like the letter "C". He has dewclaws, including one rear one that will need to removed as it is loose and could get ripped. It can be removed during neuter surgery. They both gave me kisses through the crate. A child came up to the crate and both dogs were excited and got up to be petted. It appears he may have been around children in the past. I estimate him to be 9 months old or even a little older as he is more mature and less excitable than Olivia who I estimate to be 6 months old. I think he weighs between 20-25 lbs as he does not seem as heavy as my males who weigh 25-28 lbs.

He is still intact and the estimate to get him done in that area I believe was $80-90, which is much cheaper than I can have it done at my vets. He has had his shots and I think deworming except for Rabies and if you are taking him across state lines, you need to have it done. He will also need to tested for HW and started on medication. My vet starts Bs on HW no later than they are 6 months old without testing but since Spencer was a stray and the mosquitos have been bad with all the rain lately, I would suggest testing before starting him on it. I would also recommend deworming with Panacur as it will treat Giardia in addition to worms. I did give them a donation for Spencer's initial vetting and vaccines.

Spencer seems like a sweet boy and if I was not full with Bs and if he would have been already neutered, I probably would have taken him home this past weekend. The pound did have room this week as it was not full.

If you want to e-mail me regarding Spencer, my e-mail address is jensrescue@yahoo.com.

Jennifer

GREAT! I've just e-mailed you 🙂

• Olivia looks a lot like the Basenji (mix) I just adopted from MN.
    Too precious.
    Praying that Spencer will be what you are looking for Andrew. He needs a good home and you seem like the person who can provide it.

I can't look at these rescues anymore - it is just breaking my heart. 😞

• Houston

Andrew..
    I am so keeping my fingers crossed this works out..He is even brindle, just like your previous wishes…it sure looks like it is meant to be..

• @Basenjimamma:

Andrew..
    I am so keeping my fingers crossed this works out..He is even brindle, just like your previous wishes…it sure looks like it is meant to be..

I know! How awesome! 🙂 I HOPE it works out!!!

Suggested Topics