"New Exhibitor" question on entry forms

• I'm filling out the entry forms for Zoni's first couple of shows :eek:. There is an "Are you a new exhibitor?" question at the bottom of all the forms. What is that used for? And how long would I check the box? Just for the very first time? I'm doing a specialty and an all breed show the first weekend and then another all breed show the next weekend.

Thanks!

Edit: Also there is an "exhibitor's code" too with five blanks. What is that?

• The AKC entry forms started asking the question "Are you a new exhibitor?" about a year ago. I think they are trying to find out how many people are starting out in showing. They are also encouraging clubs to offer programs at their shows for new exhibitors. I don't really know that they are making much use of the information though. I have accidently checked the box on a couple of entries.

The exhibitor number is, I believe, for pro-handlers.

• Onofrio has an exhibitor's code that they want you to use - but I've only done it when I make online entries.

Terry

• @lvoss:

They are also encouraging clubs to offer programs at their shows for new exhibitors. I don't really know that they are making much use of the information though.

I have noticed that many of the shows around here have short seminars or even a handling class for new exhibitors before or after the shows. I think it is a great idea and hope it becomes a standard feature. 🙂

• @Terry:

Onofrio has an exhibitor's code that they want you to use - but I've only done it when I make online entries.

Terry

Okay, It was Onofrio so that makes sense now.

I noticed on the premium for the all breed show that they have a "new exhibitors" briefing, so maybe the checkbox helps them alert us newbies.

Suggested Topics