• My husband was eating artichokes last night and Jaycee went crazy wanting them. Today we had chicken salad and Jaycee wanted the pickles in the salad. Not really sure she needs either.

Rita Jean

• Nothing wrong with artichokes for them… mine would eat them all the time... Maggii had it down to a science to strip the leaves of the good flesh part.... Not all of mine ever figured out how to strip the flesh off... but they would try

• Thank you Pat for telling me that is is ok to eat artichokes. I was not sure and I do not care for them but husband loves them so looks like Jaycee will get her fill. What about the pickles is that normal none of dogs have ever ate pickles.

Rita Jean

• @Rita:

Thank you Pat for telling me that is is ok to eat artichokes. I was not sure and I do not care for them but husband loves them so looks like Jaycee will get her fill. What about the pickles is that normal none of dogs have ever ate pickles.

Rita Jean

LOL… I don't like them either... but Ted loves them .... ggggg... I don't think that pickles would be a problem.... I find that most dogs/Basenjis like root veggies.. and pickles come from a root veggie...

Correction below...LOL... thanks agilebasenji!!!!

• "I don't think that pickles would be a problem…. I find that most dogs/Basenjis like root veggies.. and pickles come from a root veggie "

Uhm, Pat, I'm pretty sure pickles are made from cucumbers and cuc's are from the flower of the plant (making it a fruit to biologists, but it's a veggie to nutritionists). Of course I don't care for pickles (and cuc's don't like me too much), so I could be wrong.

• @agilebasenji:

"I don't think that pickles would be a problem…. I find that most dogs/Basenjis like root veggies.. and pickles come from a root veggie "

Uhm, Pat, I'm pretty sure pickles are made from cucumbers and cuc's are from the flower of the plant (making it a fruit to biologists, but it's a veggie to nutritionists). Of course I don't care for pickles (and cuc's don't like me too much), so I could be wrong.

Opps…. you are totally correct... LOL....

Suggested Topics