• I am sad to hear about Stormy. Go look at www.ripoffreport.com before you go and see Tammie. I spoke to her a while back and she may be great but I did not care for her on the phone. Most of her time is on Bloodhounds and I beleive and I think the reason she still has puppies is because she wants to much money for them. I think you need to look at her contract it has in it she will send off AKC paperwork and after with proof you have had the puppy fixed she shall send you the AKC. Let me know what you think.

Rita Jean

• @DOG:

Well gang sad to say stormy is in doggie heaven as of the 16 when she passed away at the vets office. He said he had never seen a basenji go down so fast because her tests were not that bad and she really had only show signs of the disease in early may. But I am on the hunt for another one and have her picture up as my desk top back ground on the pc. I found a breeder in waldron ark and she shows alot of her dogs and wins alot she has a web site on next day pets and top dog basenji those two sites. Her dogs are soooooooooo expensive but adorable. We are headed their this weekend to look. So I guess I am a person for punishment by getting another one but once you have one thats it you want more but this time I will be on top of ever thing she does. So check you all later and send pictures.

Please consider rescue. Since you are on SS as you said before, puppies are really expensive and require a lot of work. You can rescue and older dog that has been spayed/neutered, vaccinated and housebroken for a lot less. Also, if it is show quality that you want, many breeders have dogs available for adoption as well. Lately we have been swamped with rescues through BRAT so please keep it in mind.

• I have to agree with Jennifer. I know there is one there just wating for you to love please look at BRAT. Thank you.

Rita Jean

• So sorry to hear about Stormy,it was very quick. hope you find another Dog soon.

• Houston

Dog Lover,

Please consider a rescue dog, there are so many out there looking for a loving home. If you insist on buying, please do your homework before you buy, make sure the "breeders" have had at least the Fanconi testing done, especially since you lost a dog to it. There are several other health issues that should be considered. If you had issues finding money for the test…consider how much money a puppy would cost to buy.
    Good luck in finding your new companion..

• IMO, winning show dogs isnt' a recommention for buying a dog…having all the health testing with proof is!
    Before you buy an expensive show dog, please make sure the health testing is done.

• Well actually my husband called her while he was in that are two weeks ago and she had just got back from a show and won second place and yes she has alot of hounds but I was confused that why I had to have one fixed if I bought it from her, but I haven,t talked to her myself but her pups go for five hundred and had some for less but we finally got our taxes back and paid the vet with some and was going to get a pup with the rest. So right now its up in the air we may try to wait till fall when they hit the paper but I do appreciate any help from anyone and I sure miss her the house seems so quite and I picked up her food bowl yesterday to fill it with water and caught myself and just put it back down. But I have a 30 year old daughter who is a teacher and she calles me ever day to say it will be okay.

Thanks Dee

• I would just like to echo everyone else and say, give a look at the rescues. BRAT even has puppies occasionally like Charlotte, http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS/MI/MI-Charlotte.asp

• And please go to this link and read about how to find a responsible breeder….http://www.basenji.org/learn/ScreeningBreeders.htm

• I'm sorry for your loss of your beloved Stormy.

Suggested Topics