Skip to content

HANDSOME basenji boy in Ohio!

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji?

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    D
    He did look like he had short legs but I thought his body was long for a Rat Terrier. I am so used to them having a docked tail and much more white on the body. I thought he may be a poorly bred Basenji. Mansfield is not too far away from the Amish area. I wonder if he barks much! Jennifer
  • Basenji Free to a good home Perfectly Healthy baby boy

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Tania, perhaps you didn't notice that not only had the link and info for BRAT been given, but that the dog is already listed with BRAT? Glad to see other BRAT folks posting! I have a Rottie rescue group contact up in IN. Yell if you ever need transport help and I'll link the 2 of you up. Glad you found him a good home. You are doing the right thing. Hopefully your life in the future will be better designed for owning a dog.
  • Basenjis on Craigslist

    Basenji Rescue
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    YodelDogsY
    @Janneke: Sahel is a gorgeous girl! I hope she finds a good home soon! This is what I don't understand.. The pup is about a year old and the owner wants to get rid of her because: "I'll be traveling and working more this year, so I'm finding a new home for a beautiful and sweet female Basenji" What about thinking before getting a dog :( It is possible that the owner has a new job, something possibly unexpected especially with the sketchy job market in the US presently. In any case it sounds as if the owner cares about her and would like to find a good home.
  • Basenji boy may need ride (in CA)

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    nobarkusN
    He's not neutered yet so no pick up needed this weekend.
  • Basenji Boy in IA needs home

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    SarahRNS
    Taz has been in foster care through the Midwest Dog Resuce Network since he was turned over by the breeder (I believe around 8 months old). He had two sisters in foster care with him for a short time but they were adopted quickly. They were all shown on the BRAT website but were not evaluated by, or in the care of BRAT. He is such a handsome boy, I had given some serious thought to adopting him until they updated his profile to say that "he likes to be the boss". My female B absolutely has to be the boss of all other dogs (!) so I knew this combo wouldn't work out :( Here is the link to the organization caring for him: http://midwestdogrescuenetwork.com/default.aspx
  • Basenjis in Louisiana

    Basenji Rescue
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Oh, I don't. I can only "have" 2 dogs, but I sure work like heavens to get the dogs matched from the rescue group to the home. Win/win. worth more than gold to find the right place that cares for the dogs forever.