• @Benny:

Yeah, I'll make sure I get the thyroid checked asap. We're scheduling an appointment today. Benny had no problem letting me pick him up last night, but he didn't like it when my girlfriend and my mom tried to. He might just love them more than he does me, so that really shocked me, especially with my girlfriend (who is his mommy).

It doesn't really have to do with loving someone more or less…try not to put human emotion into equation. He wants to keep the things he values, and he is going to try to control the situation any way he can.

Where did you get him again? I think you said, and I can't recall.

• @Benny:

Yeah, I'll make sure I get the thyroid checked asap. We're scheduling an appointment today. Benny had no problem letting me pick him up last night, but he didn't like it when my girlfriend and my mom tried to. He might just love them more than he does me, so that really shocked me, especially with my girlfriend (who is his mommy).

I forgot to mention that Ringo also had physical things going on too which made him very irritable. When I corrected that he was much calmer. So it was a combo of both mental and physical. Benny may not have anything physical going on but it doesn't hurt to rule it out. Don't give up as with your help Benny will get through this.

• @nobarkus:

I forgot to mention that Ringo also had physical things going on too which made him very irritable. When I corrected that he was much calmer. So it was a combo of both. Benny may not have anything physical going on but it doesn't hurt to rule it out.

It is possible that there is something physically wrong…but he is about the age where behavior problems start to become apparent...and he is pretty much too young for a failing thyroid (although it does occasionally happen in a very young adult). It NEVER hurts to rule out physical problems when behavioral problems occur.

• @Quercus:

Okay, try this school. Hopefully they are close enough to you. I have talked to Ed, and he seems to be a really great trainer…I haven't actually met him, nor observed him train...but according to their website, and the feedback I have gotten from him, I agree with their methods:

www dot northcoastdogs dot com

That is within an hour from home, I'll give them a call.

• I think we're getting Benny on the right track here. It's nice having this forum as you can get good help from experienced people like Andrea.

• @nobarkus:

I think we're getting Benny on the right track here. It's nice having this forum as you can get good help from experienced people like Andrea.

I really do appreciate everyone's help. We have an appointment with the vet this Thursday at 11:15 am to get some bloodwork done.

• The training school that Andrea gave you has a Sarah Kalnajs seminar. I have not seen her in person, but her videos are really worth watching! You may want to look at attending. Look at the topics for Day 2.

• I have seen Sarah Kalnajs in person and her seminars are great.

• Where did you get him again?

• Pet Land (pet store)

Suggested Topics