• Congratulations! Chloe is a really gorgeous girl.

I was the girl working the raffle with the African Hunting Bells when Chloe took Winners Bitch. Your husband looked so happy. The look on his face was priceless, and when your eyes started to tear, I thought I might cry too. It was really exciting.

Congratulations!!!!!

-Nicole

• Congrats to Chloe, how awesome!!! Is your husband looking forward to his next trip in the ring now? 🙂

Nicole, it was great to have you and I really appreciate all your help with the dogs. It was so nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to getting together again sometime!

• @Kebasmom:

Well here goes. I tore my ACL about two weeks ago and my leg is in a long brace so my showing days are on hold for the time being. We had already registered for nationals and my brindle girl was scheduled to go down there with her breeder so we decided to go anyway. My husband decided that he would try to handle my trindle girl Chloe. He'd only been in the ring twice before and neither time was on purpose. He had to go in when two of our dogs won their classes. Saturday was his third time to go in and the first time on purpose. He was a bit nervous (he won't admit that now though) but he managed to handle Chloe quite well and netted winner's bitch on Saturday and then best of winners on Sunday. He didn't really understand what had happened until it was all over and we explained it to him.
    It was a great thrill to see all of the basenjis at nationals. There are some amazing dogs out there. We had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people.

Congrats! It's so cool your girl won!

• What do you get when you have 20 basenjis in a grooming tent left alone? A symphony of yodels…. Video quality is horrid, but you get the idea with the audio. I woke up to this every morning, my room was over the grooming tent. The first time I thought a fire truck was going by.

• That is so cool! Like a dawn chorus!

• Thanks for all the congrats. I have to tell you that sometimes I just start bawling when I look at Chloe. I don't want this to sound corny or anything but I have to say that we did not go into that ring alone. This was a team effort. A LOT of people have helped us. It all started with Russell Hendren who back in 1978 gave us the building blocks needed when we started showing again almost 30 years later. People on this forum and people ringside helped us also. We can't forget to offer thanks to her breeders too. However, much of the credit goes to Karen Hutchison of Karnak's who took us under her wing and helped us and encouraged us so much, and we didn't even have one of her dogs at the time. She has been a wonderful mentor and friend!!

• Lovely post. Credit where credit is due. Thanks for reminding us all.

Congratulations. Well deserved.

• where is this get together at??? and what kinds of things go on there?.

• Pedro, not a get together per say, a show. Here's the information for 2010
    http://www.basenji.org/nationalspecialty/2010/index.html

• I haven't managed to find any Basenji's in my area and Id like to get together with some other Basenji owners and their dogs and let our dogs socialize and let us human's get to know each other. I love Basenji's and I figured it would be awesome to get them all together at a dog park or something and let them play. I figured this would be a great place to throw this idea out there since SO many members are on this site 🙂

Suggested Topics