• I actually had a good 'play date' with a total stranger last night. Tucker typically is aggressive towards dogs larger than he is, and we ran into a shepard/lab mix that was playing on a tennis court near where I live. I found that letting Tucker 'meet' the other dog through the fence (as in the other dog inside and Tucker outside), and then joining him inside was a great way to acclimate the two dogs. Tucker and the shephard ran and ran for almost an hour. Was great to see Tucker run 'wide open' and to have such a good time… 🙂

• I'm not sure why people would give a dog away to have a baby >>either

We've been bringing babies home to our dogs for 19 years, LOL, with never a single problem.
    We bring the baby home, show it to the dog, let the dog sniff the baby whenever we hold the baby, tell the dog "easy; be gentle" etc.

I honestly don't know HOW, but all of our dogs have always been very gentle with their little ones, and have always understood that the kids are next in line to DH and me in the chain of command.
    We've never done any "training" per se, the dogs just know it.

May not work that way for everyone, but 19 years, six kids, and 5 dogs {one of which was a doberman that was the 2nd best dog EVER with children}, it's never failed us.

• I also have a Doggie door, and I just gave Sahara a treat when she would let me push her through and that was it. She flies through that door now, you just let me or daddy go out that door and she is through it like a flash. You might try going out and standing on the other side and let her think you are leaving her. Sahara hates to be left alone. Good LucK!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

• You'll all be happy to know that Tucker has 'figured out' the doggie door. He still paws it open prior to going through, but he goes through which is the important thing. 🙂

• HOORAY!! What a smart pooch! 🙂

How's the peeing going??

• He still paws it open prior to going through, but he goes through which is >>the important thing.

LOL That's how our older cat goes through too!
    Jazzy goes {or went, since she's banned from them now} nose first and had to wiggle and squeeeeeeeeeeze the body through little by little. She looked ridiculous! LOL

Suggested Topics