Skip to content

Best way to get a basenji used to being crated.

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Diggs Crate?

    Basenji Training
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    8k Views
    G
    Hey. I have my first Basenji and the diggs crate is great but I must admit it is heavy and bulky to take up and down the stairs. I had to buy an additional crate for travel because it was becoming too much. If you were looking for something to travel with I definitely wouldn’t recommend it especially because it is expensive. My puppy loves it though since he can see everything from it but you could get that from another crate.
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    eeeefarmE
    @malik said in How do we get our puppy Basenji to stop pooping in the Kitchen and Bathroom?: Puppies can't hold it long, so if they pee inside, it's really not the puppies fault but the owners. It's our job to anticipate when they might need to potty, and take them outside. Absolutely! And they learn very quickly if there is consistency in taking them outside. My girl Tamu learned in less than two weeks, and she was very young when we got her (7 weeks, which is not recommended, but my 7 year old girl, Lady, pretty much adopted her and taught her manners).
  • basenjis housebreaking bea rafiki and dixie basenjis

    Basenji Training
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    yes . i just use the cat box with the dog litter you can buy in the pet supply from chewy.com thank you for the info
  • How do I get my basenji focused on me?

    Basenji Training
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    N
    Thank you very much for the info and the sites you have sent, and sorry for the delay in replying (my computer was down for a while). I am going to start with the Relaxation Protocol and see how it works. Also I have just started the Control Unleashed book so I am going to see how it goes too. By the way, how long did your basenji take to start showing selfcontrol?
  • New to Basenjis

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Welcome to all of you. So exciting with a new pup.. Look through the puppy threads and also the training threads..lots of info to read.. Where in TX are you, I am in Houston, if you are close, it would be fun to meet up..
  • Best place to buy folding crates and ex-pens?

    Basenji Training
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @Kebasmom: Can anyone out there recommend a place to get a good price on quality folding crates and exercise pens? Thanks. http://www.omahavaccine.com/ Omaha Vaccine.. many times you can get shipping for free depending on the size of your order… and I like the General Cage for crates... and if you want a great crate pad or just a pad in general, look at the Bully Pads.... they are great and last like crazy.... and wash really easy... I use them especially for whelping... turned Lisa onto the too... even her "ripper" has a hard time destroying them.