Skip to content

I am ready to do the DNA test

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    D
    I sent a message to the Fanconigroup today stating this and asked what the procedure was for joining the group. Jennifer
  • 0 Votes
    25 Posts
    18k Views
    BettawhippetB
    That is a huge relief about the cheek swab…She absolutely HATED having her blood drawn and has been mistrustful of the vet and vet techs ever since. I didn't not realize that there were many errors in the original test. I stopped frequenting this forum shortly after I had her test done and haven't really heard anything from the basenji world until I got the e-mail. I will definitely get this re-test done as soon as possible and will pick up some strips tomorrow so I can start testing her urine. Thankfully she has not been showing any signs of poor health and has always done well on checkups.
  • Health Tests

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    The fanconi test needs to be ordered from the OFA website, https://secure.offa.org/cart.html Have you talked to Nilo's breeder about health testing. Without pedigree information his tests alone don't provide a very complete picture since disorders like PRA are late onset.
  • CHIC testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    NemoN
    Thanks Kathy and Lisa! :)
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • Fanconi DNA Test

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    tanzaT
    @Mia: I don't know who her grandparents are, how would I find that out (website)? I have the registration #'s for both her parents. You can order a pedigree from AKC, www.akc.org and then go to the store link. You can order it on line as an electronic file for 10.00. Most breeders give you an extended pedigree?