• Just thought I'd give you guys an update to Ali's paw licking. Took him to the vet and he feels it's an allergy (like a lot of you guys suggested) but he thinks it may be seasonal or environmental, not food. He gave him a shot and some topical ointment for his paw….told me to monitor the situation and see if it goes away in a week or two....
    Oh, and he also drained his anal glands too!!!

• My boy does this with outside allergens 2 times a year.
    I give him benydril and it works wonders for him.
    BUT he also has grain issues, so he eats grain free food.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

• @sharronhurlbut:

My boy does this with outside allergens 2 times a year.
    I give him benydril and it works wonders for him.
    BUT he also has grain issues, so he eats grain free food.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the grain free food anyway…......Merrick's BG, I guess. He's on Wilderness Blend now (which he loves)...unless someone has some other grain free suggestions?

• Ours have been on Merrick's BG for a while, but we just started switching over to Wellness Core (Chicken) and they seem to love it - they'll pick those bits out first. Maybe they just like a change sometimes. If you go that way, be sure to get the Core - other Wellness varieties are not grain free.

• @BasenjiByTheBay:

Ours have been on Merrick's BG for a while, but we just started switching over to Wellness Core (Chicken) and they seem to love it - they'll pick those bits out first. Maybe they just like a change sometimes. If you go that way, be sure to get the Core - other Wellness varieties are not grain free.

I am familiar with Wellness Core but didn't know it was grain free….thanks!!!

• Paul Newmans chicken and rice.
    Totally Organic for those of us who have dogs who react to things in food
    Its a wonderful product.

• Any update on how Ali is doing?

• @BasenjiByTheBay:

Any update on how Ali is doing?

Yeah! I took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago, they gave him a shot, prescribed some topical lotion for his one paw, and emptied his anal glands. He seemed to be doing much better with the licking…..but, just to be REALLY sure, I changed his food to Merrick's BG.....and with ALL that, he seems to be doing good. We left NO stone unturned! His vet didn't suspect a food allergy, more of a seasonal or environmental but I thought it'd be a good idea to get him on a grain free food to to cover all the bases......so far, so good!!

• Oh, that's great to hear - thanks for the update! Funny how we come to "know" and worry about the b's we meet on the forum 😉

• @BasenjiByTheBay:

Oh, that's great to hear - thanks for the update! Funny how we come to "know" and worry about the b's we meet on the forum 😉

Absolutely!;)

Suggested Topics