• Regarding the CPP blood testing - you need to register your dog in the program BEFORE you send the blood test in. I did it all at once and it didn't work with their automated system. The blood got tested but never got recorded in the database - I found out the results only because I kept calling and calling.

• @chilli07:

hi, after reading about the posts on faconi syndrome test, is there a place in australia where i can get chilli tested. i know if i talk to our local vet, they will look at me strange..they are not use to questions about basenji's…i also didn't get her from a registered breeder so a little unsure if she does or doesn't have it..i guess seeing she's just alittle over a year old now would be as good time as any to get her tested..

The test is only done at the U of Mo in the United States. With the new Cheek Swab, you should be able to order the kit from www.offa.org (hopefully will be on their web site soon), register your Basenji with CPP, take the sample and mail it back to U of Mo. Very soon there should be instructions post at www.basenjihealth.org and as soon as I see it, I will post it to the forum also.

For your Vet, you should print out information about genetic Basenji illness and the DNA Fanconi test and give it to them. Also information about Fanconi that can also be found at www.basenjihealth.org

• Yes I registered her in late august I belive so she should be in their system. She got her blood drawn today poor thing. I did not think it would be that much, they filled up three of those purple tubes, and they had to take it out of her neck. But at least the unpleasant part for her is over. She was not happy but the techs kept complimenting her and giving her treats which appeased her some. And she got to see the resident cats that live there which she enjoyed because she loves kitties. The vet tech is going to get it shipped out and then bill me. They generously did the blood draw free of charge. I feel really lucky to have such a great vet, she is always super helpful and accomidating. Now I guess I just have to play the waiting game.

• @AnandaKiora:

Yes I registered her in late august I belive so she should be in their system. She got her blood drawn today poor thing. I did not think it would be that much, they filled up three of those purple tubes, and they had to take it out of her neck. But at least the unpleasant part for her is over. She was not happy but the techs kept complimenting her and giving her treats which appeased her some. And she got to see the resident cats that live there which she enjoyed because she loves kitties. The vet tech is going to get it shipped out and then bill me. They generously did the blood draw free of charge. I feel really lucky to have such a great vet, she is always super helpful and accomidating. Now I guess I just have to play the waiting game.

That is super, what a great Vet….. and again, you are not alone with the "waiting" game....

• @tanza:

That is super, what a great Vet….. and again, you are not alone with the "waiting" game....

I second that.. we have all been through it when we sent blood off. We will keep thinking good thoughts for your little ones results.

• How long does it usually take for them to post about the dna sample online? On Kiora's CPP page it still days no sample has been submitted.

• Do let us know what you find.
    We will help you celebrate…

• @AnandaKiora:

How long does it usually take for them to post about the dna sample online? On Kiora's CPP page it still days no sample has been submitted.

When did you send it? It can take a couple of weeks…. depending on when they update the site

• They sent it on Tuesday. A few weeks o.k.whew, I was worried they might not have got it.

• @AnandaKiora:

They sent it on Tuesday. A few weeks o.k.whew, I was worried they might not have got it.

The take the blood and then extract the DNA… it can take a week or two to get that posted on the CPP site, they don't just post that they received blood.

Suggested Topics