Skip to content

Shampoo

Basenji Health Issues & Questions
  • EL D laid in something in the garden that just made him very filthy (I suppose just the dirt if he rolled around) and so I had to give him a bath. The local pet shop had this stuff called BioGroom Natural Scents shampoo that was not soap and supposed to work without removing the tea/flick med nor mess with the natural slin oils. It cleaned him up pretty good and since I didn't have much choice at the store…
    But I'm just wondering what kinds of shampoo others would recommend?

  • hmm, i wondering that myself - what shampoo do i use? I used Aloeveen for Chilli (cos we used it for our jrt - Saki) She has no problems with it. But Chilli scratches alot and think its drying her coat? any ideas??

  • Charlie had VERY sensetive skin as a puppy and would get dry flaky skin if I wasn't careful, I use Cain & Able Pepermint and Tea Tree conditioning Shampoo on them both. I love that it has good natural oils in it and is a mild bug repelent.

    http://www.healthypetboutique.com/servlet/the-343/CAIN-&-ABLE-SHAMPOO/Detail

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    174 Views
    N
    No sore spots whatsoever - though his stomach is almost permanently "taut" or flexed, unless he's had his anti-inflammatory meds. He eats well and can go to the bathroom well, but as days pass his hind legs are getting worse and worse (to the extent I'm sure he'll just end up permanently lame if I don't anything more). I am praying/hoping/wishing that laser therapy can provide some assistance, as his one session of a few weeks back resulted in him being almost "back to normal" for about 4-5 days! If I can get another miracle result, I think I will look into multiple treatments until he seems better. This is such a stressful time, but I'm grateful for your condolences/suggestions - everything helps - thank you so much!
  • Hair loss

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    28k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    26k Views
    N
    @Saving Thanks so much for the information! I am researching further and continuing with her rehab exercises as best I can. Glad you recovered from your spinal injuries.
  • Belly Rash

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    24k Views
    SavingS
    Did she always have them or did they start after something/some time? Do antihistamines clear the problem?
  • Crystals in urine (cystine)

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    senjisillyS
    Sorry to be so late on commenting here. There are several Facebook groups you may want to join. 2 are Basenji specific. Bladder Stones Basenji - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505737939475808/ Canine Cystinuria - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1264949876904169/ The third group is secret and you need to be Facebook friends with a member in order to join. Contact me if you are interested in joining - Basenji Cystine Bladder Stone Awareness.
  • Weight issue

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @Rebel - Full blood workup including full Thyroid panel (full panel no just what the normal vet workup that is not a full thyroid panel)... as they say make sure that he is in good health. Also what are you feeding him? How much total are you feeding a day? Also with reducing food, add veggies to his food to fill his belly... green beans are good to use... I use Cauliflower and Broccoli... Note also that low normal is typically too low for Basenjis.