Anyone heard of Halo dog food?

• So a friend of mine is getting a puppy next month (mini schnauzer)- and she's considering a dog food called Halo. I had never even heard of this let alone seen it anywhere. She said Petco sells it.

Has anyone had any experience with it? Thoughts?

http://www.halopets.com/

Give me your thoughts…

• They say meats and grains.
    My b's don't do well on wheat or corn.
    So, maybe this won't work for the b's.
    But its hard to find out what exactly is in it.
    Me, I read the can…

• Here's what they list for the dry food chicken:

Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Dried Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Vegetable Broth, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pea Flour, Chicken Liver, Wild Salmon, Flaxseed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Taurine, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Sodium Selenite.
    Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein - 28.0% Min
    Crude Fat - 16.0% Min
    Crude Fiber – 6.5% Max
    Moisture - 10.0% Max
    Omega 6 Fatty Acids - 3.0% Min*
    Omega 3 Fatty Acids - .48% Min*
    Taurine - 0.1% Min*
    Lactobacillus Acidophilus - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
    Bifidobacterium Longum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
    Lactobacillus Plantarum - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
    Enterococcous Faecium - 120,000,000 CFU/lb Min*
    *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles

• Ingredients are not bad.. there is no corn, wheat or "by" products. But this is the first I have heard of it and don't know anyone that has used it….

• I love the Halo company in general. I use their Dream Coat for Nik and Stormie in the winter time - it works brilliantly for dry, winter skin. I also use Halo's Spot's Stew canned food on occasion in addition to EVO, Evangers, Cal. Natural, Weruva, and Merricks cans. The pups love it!
    Oh, and the ear cleaner is great, too!

• @red:

I love the Halo company in general. I use their Dream Coat for Nik and Stormie in the winter time - it works brilliantly for dry, winter skin. I also use Halo's Spot's Stew canned food on occasion in addition to EVO, Evangers, Cal. Natural, Weruva, and Merricks cans. The pups love it!
    Oh, and the ear cleaner is great, too!

Wow.. that is great to know.. thanks

• @tanza:

Wow.. that is great to know.. thanks

You're welcome!

• What is Dream Coat? Is it an oil you put on their food?

• Oh… very nice! Thanks!

Suggested Topics