Skip to content

Test strips

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    25 Posts
    18k Views
    BettawhippetB
    That is a huge relief about the cheek swab…She absolutely HATED having her blood drawn and has been mistrustful of the vet and vet techs ever since. I didn't not realize that there were many errors in the original test. I stopped frequenting this forum shortly after I had her test done and haven't really heard anything from the basenji world until I got the e-mail. I will definitely get this re-test done as soon as possible and will pick up some strips tomorrow so I can start testing her urine. Thankfully she has not been showing any signs of poor health and has always done well on checkups.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    10k Views
    RivermoonR
    I use the Clinistix because to me there was a more drastic change in the colors. There's only 3 color variations and it goes from pink to purple..not green to a little darker green in the first color change.
  • Health Tests

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    lvossL
    The fanconi test needs to be ordered from the OFA website, https://secure.offa.org/cart.html Have you talked to Nilo's breeder about health testing. Without pedigree information his tests alone don't provide a very complete picture since disorders like PRA are late onset.
  • CHIC testing

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    NemoN
    Thanks Kathy and Lisa! :)
  • When to test

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    khanisK
    And chances are that your vet will tell you that there is no test. Just because it has been available for nearly two years does not mean that they know it is now here. You can do the fanconi tests without seeing a vet at all. Finger's crossed both your Bs come back NOT affected.
  • Test Strips anyone?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    ZenGrrrlZ
    Tayda, if you have free test strips to give away, I'll gladly take them! You can write to me off-forum at ZenGrrrl@aol.com. Thanks! Lori