• EVERGREEN BASENJI CLUB
    Annual Sanctioned “B” Match (Basenjis only)
    Judge: David Davidson of Bajoran Basenjis
    Tuesday evening, May 27th 2008

Set up begins at 6:00pm
    Entries are accepted at 6:15pm
    Entries close at 6:45pm – sharp!
    Judging commences at 7:00pm

Luther Burbank Park, Mercer Island, WA
    2040 84th Avenue SE (just off of I-90)

Driving directions:

From I-5, take I-90 East to Mercer Island:
    Take the 77th Ave. SE exit (#7A) immediately after the 2nd tunnel, and turn left on 77th Ave. SE.
    Turn right at the stop sign onto N. Mercer Way, go through the light at 80th Ave. SE
    Turn left onto 81st Ave. SE.
    Turn right on SE 24th St. and drive to the end.
    The park entrance is on your left.

From I-405, take I-90 West to Mercer Island:
    Take the Island Crest Way exit (#7).
    At top of the ramp, turn right onto SE 26th St.
    At the stop sign turn left onto 84th Ave. SE and drive straight into the park after another stop sign at SE 24th St.

From either direction, upon entering the park, go deep into the parking lot and path at the far right/south end of the parking lot to the open field.

For more info and a map of the park: www.ci.mercer-island.wa.us/Page.asp?NavID=1138

This is a fun introduction for you and your puppy to the sport of dog shows and a perfect opportunity for breeders to invite their “puppy people” to a Basenji-friendly social to see and be seen!
    Brush up the ring skills of those FAB-U-LOUS old-timers (dogs and humans) for the veteran competitions coming up this summer!
    HAVE FUN! Meet Basenji folks! WIN PRIZES!

Cost is ONLY: $4.00 per entry!

Jordan Reed, Match Chair: 206 850-6573, atarasi67@hotmail.com

• I HIGHLY doubt that I can go, given the distance from home and the time of day, but… can B's that aren't participating be brought along, just for fun?

• I don't know about that..contact Jordan and ask.
    I do know that EBC is very much wanting to get "just folks" into lure
    coursing, rally, lots of fun things for pet owners to do with their b's.
    I have to say they have also been wonderful in supporting basenji rescue.
    So, as you can tell, I am a big fan of this club.
    Nice folks as well!
    Do try to go.
    Its just good fun…

• I think that all would be welcome at the EBC event… regardless of the type of event or if you are entered or not....

• Oh, Pat, everyone is welcome, but I do know that in some events..dogs who are not entered shouldn't be on the grounds.
    Don't they have that rule at most AKC dog shows?
    Anyway, if I am wrong, please correct me.
    I want everyone to come.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Oh, Pat, everyone is welcome, but I do know that in some events..dogs who are not entered shouldn't be on the grounds.
    Don't they have that rule at most AKC dog shows?
    Anyway, if I am wrong, please correct me.
    I want everyone to come.

Even at AKC shows.. people bring puppies or un-entered dogs…. There is a difference about being on the grounds and the "show limits" which means the area where judging is taking place...

And for lure trials... no one even cares about those things...

• Thanks Pat. I don't being my dogs to the EBC specality, because its too hot and I am not set up for dogs ring side. I go every year to support the club and talk to folks about b rescue.
    So, I am not up on what is ok and what isn't re taking dogs on the grounds.

Suggested Topics