• I've been reading the post on bs on heat, our chilli is i think on her 3rd week now. apparently there was a white pea size thing that came out of her this morning. is this normal? and what on earth is it? She didn't seem to bothered by it, she cleaned it away and was gone.. thought i'm still wondering at what it is???

• Um…I would say that is NOT normal. Sorry, but was it soft, or hard?

• soft i guess

• It could be mucous? But I can never recall any of my girls passing anything like that. You might contact a reproductive vet to ask about that. Here in the US, a lot of regular practice vets don't know all that much about the practical workings of the reproductive cycle in bitches; reproduction is kind of a specialty here now. I don't know if things are the same down under…but I would definitely check around about the white object that she passed.

• 16 months, Tanza.

• @wrx227wrc:

16 months, Tanza.

She could be one of those that are going to have two seasons a year…

• @tanza:

some Basenjis didn't read the same book…ggg ... there are some that really do have two cycles a year...
    How old is she...?

Jazzy had two heat cycles a year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall, starting at age 5.5 mos or so, for the two years prior to being spayed.

I was really disappointed, :p , that she didn't read the Basenji manual!

• Several of my girls have had years where they had two seasons. It seems like the more females we have, the less we have multiple seasons. And they don't always seem to be six months apart either….

• @Quercus:

Several of my girls have had years where they had two seasons. It seems like the more females we have, the less we have multiple seasons. And they don't always seem to be six months apart either….

Hmmm, that would make sense in the wild, I suppose. If there are fewer females, they'd need an additional heat season to continue to reproduce at
    a rate that would maintain the pack. Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Jazzy's heats were not 6 mos apart. Like I said, she was Spring and Fall.
    She'd go maybe May/August-September. I don't recall exactly, but they were pretty close.

• And many of them that have spring seasons are in a false season too. I had that happen with Mickii, many bitches will have a "puppy" season 4 to 6 months after whelping, Maggii did and Mickii followed her in, we tried to bred Mickii that spring and it was a false season. She came back in October and was bred.

Suggested Topics