You have got to be kidding!

• @tanza:

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/800-dogs-seized-from-mobile-home/20080313075109990001

800 dogs in a triple wide???? Oh my

They had something like 84 birds, too. I understand it was an elderly couple who simply got overwhelmed. Probably thought selling puppies would be a fun way to supplement income, and then got lost in it. Very sad, but at least they are being cooperative.

And I thought the breeder I visited with 21 dogs/pups in a single-wide was bad. {Well, it was….but in comparison.....}

• @JazzysMom:

They had something like 84 birds, too. I understand it was an elderly couple who simply got overwhelmed. Probably thought selling puppies would be a fun way to supplement income, and then got lost in it. Very sad, but at least they are being cooperative.

And I thought the breeder I visited with 21 dogs/pups in a single-wide was bad. {Well, it was….but in comparison.....}

It is sad, but I just can not image 800 dogs in a mobile home?…. so how many would that work out to be per sq ft?

• This is crazy! I cannot believe they allowed it to get that out of control. Didn't niehgbors notice when they would enter their home that there would be dogs flying everywhere?!? What about the barking?!? I would have HATED to be their neighbors…

• The sad fact is that in most communities enforcement of animal laws through animal control is complaint driven. Many people are not motivated enough to take action through filing a formal complaint. They may be annoyed, they may complain about the situation to every person they meet, but unless a complaint is actually filed with the county often times the county is not aware. Animal control is often understaffed for the territory that they have to cover.

• Animal hording is now classified at a mental illness…part of an ocd type illness.
    Its sad as not only the animals, but the people live in the waste and contamation that the animals who are not tended properly live in.
    I often wonder why the families of these folks don't step in.
    Sad all around.

• So sad. Looks like they may have been in a very isolated area, so maybe no neighbors.

I bet if they had 800 Basenjis they would have surrendered themselves long ago though. :eek:

• @sharronhurlbut:

Animal hording is now classified at a mental illness…part of an ocd type illness.
    Its sad as not only the animals, but the people live in the waste and contamation that the animals who are not tended properly live in.
    I often wonder why the families of these folks don't step in.
    Sad all around.

If they had any family…. and yes I agree, hording is an illness... sad all the way around

• that is really sad.. especially how some didnt have paws… how could you not notice that.. i guess with 800 dogs.. you overlook them ? idk..

i was watching animal cops or something liek that on animal planet the other night and a woman had like 90+ dogs and pups in her house.. they told her she could keep like 2 or 3 whatever the law was.. and she hid a bunch behind dryers and stuff, but they still found them.. that was 90 and a HOUSE.. and that was crazy.. i cant even begin to imagine what that trailer looked.. and SMELLED.. like.. 😞

Suggested Topics