• I have a quick question, are these the testing strips you use for Fanconi? I know in my Spilling Sugar post people mentioned I needed ones that test only sugars, not keotene, and every pharmacy/vet in my city only has the wrong kind. I looked online and found these…are they the right thing?
    I figured I might as well test, since I have no history on my dog.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100133&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod4782

Thanks!
    Jill

• Yes, Diastix are the correct test strips.

Also, remember you can go ahead an submit blood to the Canine Phenome Project now and request the DNA test as soon as testing has resumed.

• @lvoss:

Yes, Diastix are the correct test strips.

Also, remember you can go ahead an submit blood to the Canine Phenome Project now and request the DNA test as soon as testing has resumed.

And also remember that since the strips go bad in six months and since it has been shown that early on, Fanconi dogs will not spill every day, but might spill on day and then skip a day, best to do it 3 or 4 days in a row every month.

• And remember everyone, they really do go bad, so please do not use them past the date….. if there are some of you that live close or even you could do it by mail, you might think about sharing the strips instead of just tossing them

Suggested Topics