Skip to content

Where to buy a dog crate in LA?

Basenji Talk
  • I'm going on a long road trip with my two furkids, and I leave LA in two weeks. About a week ago, I ordered a very nice collapsible dog crate (brand Guardian Gear) from a Web company, doggonegoodstuff.com. I find out today that not only has the item not been shipped, it's not being sent to me at all and the company has unceremoniously refunded my money. Grrrr! snarl!

    So now I need to find at least one collapsible crate that can fit in the back seat of my Toyota Corolla, and I need it quick. Does anyone have any suggestions on Los Angeles pet stores that carry collapsible crates? I'll call Petco and Petsmart but prefer to shop at a non-chain retailer.

    Suggestions?

    Lori


    The Z-Pack: Zen, Zoe, and Ziggy

  • I am not sure if the have that type of crate, but Centinela feed and pet store has a large selection. You may want to try there. I love that store! They are at 7600 S. Sepulveda Boulevard. Good luck!

Suggested Topics

  • Peeing in crate

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    A
    No, Pat - she had them separated for at least 2.5 weeks (maybe longer). I don't take him out immediately when I see he has peed, because often he is sleeping - I put him in his crate and don't watch him, but go about my business or leave the house for a short time, then when I return, he has peed. Or, he does it when one of us comes down to let him out in the morning or in the middle of the night. I think I was wrong with what I said before about it being a longer time after feeding that he pees (or maybe it is just sometimes) - tonight, I fed him in his crate with no bedding, so I could observe what happened. Sure enough, 3 minutes after eating, he pees. I did remove him, mop it up, put in clean bedding, then put him back in, where he curled up and went to sleep. Should I consider feeding him out of his crate for now? ANY suggestions are really welcome. His sister is doing great with housebreaking. They are both incredibly easy to train on everything else - 5 minutes with a clicker today and they run and jump in their beds at the command "place." I don't notice any of the littermate codependence stuff - being very vigilant. We can separate them with no problem - walk them separately, train them separately (and together). They like to be with us as much or more as with each other. This housebreaking thing is my biggest anxiety right now. Keep any suggestions/advice coming… Please. Thanks in advance.
  • Dogs diedfrom dog treats

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    D
    If the dogs are having similar symptoms as in the previous years, they need to be treated ASAP! It is my understanding that many are developing the acquired Fanconi Syndrome and need to be put on the protocol. Many vets though do not have the equipment to do the venous blood gas test and get an accurate diagnosis. Emergency vets should have the equipment. Do not buy any dog treats that come from China and if the package does not state where it is from then do not buy it! Jennifer
  • Bullying dogs - dog psychology questions

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    KipawaK
    Well, the lab I mentioned (chocolate overweight one) almost took me out by slamming into my knee. I commented loudly " he better not insure my knee!" No comment from the owner. Others were keeping an eye on this over exhuberant dog too. Many peeps were standing behind a bench for protection. What really bugs me is that the park has very visible signs when you enter it that say you must have control of your dog.
  • In Defence of Dogs

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    dmeyD
    Great article thanks!!! Will look into other books by Bradshaw. I have since finished it and thought it was great. There's some basenji info in there'd too. I pretty much agree with everything he says… And I though it was very entertaining!!
  • My dog is so dumb- My dog is so smart

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    J
    Hollie will hide her treats and her dog food. Her favorite hiding place is under MY pillow in the bed. She has tried to hide her entire food bowl by pushing one of her plush toys with her nose in an attempt to get the toy on top of her food bowl. Why doesn't she just use her mouth to pick it up and place it on the bowl? Silly dog!
  • New dog???

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    QuercusQ
    The only thing I would be concerned about with a Dachshund would be the possiblity of it having some back damage with the rough play of a basenji…or even trying to do the same acrobatics that Bs do. I have known some folks who had a lot of problems with disk and spine problems with Doxies...but I don't know if that is typical. Something to think about though...