Another request to help identify B's breeder

• We just adopted a 10-month old male tri, named Tippy, after fostering him on behalf of BRAT for the last 6 weeks. I'm asking for your advice on how, if possible, to find out Tippy's pedigree. Below is the information that we have on him:

• Sold to Petland in the Cleveland, OH area by an Amish breeder named Dennis Miller of Millersburg, OH in Holmes County.

• Petland "check-in" sheet states the following:

• "Arrived 1/29/07"
    • "Whelped 12/8/06"
    • "Registry: ACA"
    • "Acquired from: Miller, Dennis #439"
    • "Reg Appl Papers: Yes"
    • Petland's "Vaccination and Wormings" document states the following:
    • Litter: OH-ABA-0778245
    • Sire: DL Kingston's Kurt #OH-ABA-0589815
    • Dam: DL Luis's Rosie # OH-ABA-0520421
    • Registry: American Canine Association Registerable
    • I attempted to go to the ACA website, but it requires an ACA registration number, an internet number, etc, none of which came with the paperwork given to us by the third family which Tippy had been passed to. Yes, we are his 4th family in the last 4 months of his very young life.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

• http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/

Did you try here, above?

Can you put the sire and dam's numbers into the ACA website? Or is there a number to actually talk to someone, maybe they could help you more?

I would think that since you have the litter number, the ACA could help you, if you could talk to a human….

• @Quercus:

http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/

Did you try here, above?

Can you put the sire and dam's numbers into the ACA website? Or is there a number to actually talk to someone, maybe they could help you more?

Yeah, I tried zandebasenjis too. I should have mentioned that in my OP. The ACA website doesn't seem to allow one to do a search. I followed up on your idea to call the ACA's 800 number. I was told I needed to fax proof of rescue and adoption to them before they could assist me any further. So, I'm going to do that now.

• I sent you a private message navyman.

• @YodelDogs:

I sent you a private message navyman.

Hi Robyn,

Please see my two subsequent PMs.

Thanks,

Kent

• @Quercus:

http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/

Did you try here, above?

I would think that since you have the litter number, the ACA could help you, if you could talk to a human….

I contacted the ACA last Friday and was told I had to prove that Tippy was a rescue by faxing such documentation. I sent that information in, similar to the info shown in the original post above, including BRAT documentation accordingly.

Then, yesterday, I followed up with ACA and was told that a supervisor made the determination that they could'nt help me unless BRAT issued an ACA registration application to me. Then I contacted a few BRAT board members and one answered saying they've never had seen nor heard of such a thing.

I'm beginning to feel like the ACA is trying to hide something, something to the effect that they are really a "false marketing front" for the profit-making pet industry. A couple of very nice basenji-loving folks have stepped forward to try to help track down potential puppy mill/pedigree information, but if they are not successful, I wonder how I can convince the ACA that my interest in Tippy's pedigree is purely medical and to support the Fanconi research efforts? Does anyone think it would help if I told the ACA that Tippy is already neutered (as BRAT requires for all their rescues)? I don't necessarily want to register him at all, but if that's what it takes to get his pedigree, I will do it.

Suggested Topics