OC & San Diego fires/foster care

• Does anyone need a place to keep your basenji(s)? I will take in your dogs to help oout if you are in need of a home due to all the fires.

-June
    Call me!
    (949) 633-9878

• @rustysmom:

Does anyone need a place to keep your basenji(s)? I will take in your dogs to help oout if you are in need of a home due to all the fires.

-June
    Call me!
    (949) 633-9878

Very cool indeed, kudos to you!🆒

• BRAVO on your generosity!!!!!!!!!

• What a great idea, I also wondered if anyone on the forum has been affected by the fires. Unfortunately I'm in PA and can't be of much help. You're offer is awesome !!!

• @rustysmom:

Does anyone need a place to keep your basenji(s)? I will take in your dogs to help oout if you are in need of a home due to all the fires.

-June
    Call me!
    (949) 633-9878

Your generosity is tremendous! You are an Angel!

I was just watching the news about all the cats and dogs that were left behind. It is so sad. I am not living this nightmare, so I can't possibly realize circumstances during the urgency to evacuate. I can't imagine leaving without my kids (pets). Why do they leave without their pets? Unless safe areas cannot accomodate pets. If that is the case, why doesn't FEMA provide for the families with pet care? I don't know, I'm very upset about the people and pets without each other. I couldn't do it. Now, they have problems reuniting pets with their owners.

• What a generous offer! I was watching the news yesterday, and they were showing all the "refugees" gathered in the ballpark in San Diego. I saw one guy who was carrying a basenji.

• We were evacuated Monday via reverse 911. My husband waited until I could get home from work, all our neighbors got together and agreed we wouldn't leave until we absolutely had to. But our nephew's family got a mandatory order, so we packed up all 9 Basenjis in the motorhome (fortunately it was still at home as we got back from Nationals Sunday night) and headed to Qualcomm Stadium with about 20.000 people. I brought the girls home with me (+ one neurotic boy who was freaking about having to stay in his crate) around 11 PM, while Bob stayed with the other 4, our nephew's son and cousin with a 15 year old pit bull and a 3 month old Golden. Fortunately, they were able to come home on Tuesday afternoon.

The city has done a terrific job handling half a million evacuees and their animals. The shelters and evac centers were allowing people to bring small animals in crates; large animals like horses and llamas are at several locations from the Fairgrounds to shopping center parking lots.

Terry and Bob

• Good to hear you are doing well…I was concerned since you are right there.
    Fingers and paws crossed that you and all your loved ones will return back safely to your homes.
    Please keep us posted.

@Terry:

We were evacuated Monday via reverse 911. My husband waited until I could get home from work, all our neighbors got together and agreed we wouldn't leave until we absolutely had to. But our nephew's family got a mandatory order, so we packed up all 9 Basenjis in the motorhome (fortunately it was still at home as we got back from Nationals Sunday night) and headed to Qualcomm Stadium with about 20.000 people. I brought the girls home with me (+ one neurotic boy who was freaking about having to stay in his crate) around 11 PM, while Bob stayed with the other 4, our nephew's son and cousin with a 15 year old pit bull and a 3 month old Golden. Fortunately, they were able to come home on Tuesday afternoon.

The city has done a terrific job handling half a million evacuees and their animals. The shelters and evac centers were allowing people to bring small animals in crates; large animals like horses and llamas are at several locations from the Fairgrounds to shopping center parking lots.

Terry and Bob

Suggested Topics