• Yes,,,,,I agree with Quercus,,,,,,when we got Dane he did the same thing,,,,,and we just kept calling him and he finally figured it out,,,,,maybe a treat at the bottom of the stairs could get him to try a little harder too!

• I know it sounds odd, but I just vacuumed around my guys (not Tiggy he came usaed to stairs) and they were more nervous of the vacuum than the the stairs

• We'll try this out today and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

• hold a raw hot dog out at your basenji at the bottom of the steps.

• This morning Spencer and I went to the Oscar Mayer Training Academy (OMTA). He ran past me when I took the gate down and bounded up the stairs. I went to the fridge and got out the OM training aids. Sliced them really thin and put one on some of the steps. Worked like a charm!! Unfortunately he ran right back up and then expected more…..:D Then my lab mix, who is 7 years old and has been doing stairs for years, ran up there and wouldn't come down until he got some hot dog pieces too!!:rolleyes:

• Almost forgot - THANKS for the suggestions guys!! I thought I was gonna have to carry the little guy down the stairs for the rest of his life!!

• LOL, glad OMTA is working, and don't let your lab-mix fool you too, lol, I know the other dog will try that trick for treats too

• Put a roll of toliet paper or a couch cushion at the bottom of the stairs, that should do the trick.:D

• Put a roll of toilet paper or a couch cushion at the bottom of the stairs, that should do the trick.:D

• @Basenji_Boy:

Put a roll of toliet paper or a couch cushion at the bottom of the stairs, that should do the trick.:D

LOL…great answer!!!! 😃 😃 😃

Suggested Topics