Whisker trim

I was wondering if any of you trim your B's whiskers.

I do not on the muzzle… I do trim up the side ones and the three little ones on the chin.... other then that... I leave them one. In Basenjis... I would say other then handlers, most people leave them on...

@tanza:

I do not on the muzzle… I do trim up the side ones and the three little ones on the chin.... other then that... I leave them one. In Basenjis... I would say other then handlers, most people leave them on...

Let me add, that is just for the show ring… only

@tanza:

Ditto! Ironically, I am reading this discussion as I am prepping Blondie for a show tomorrow 🙂 She is pretty whiskery, and it may take a while to trim her up….ugh...

gggg… been there, done that.. with "whiskery" B's.... good luck tomorrow and see you soon in California!

@tanza:

I do mine the same way.

Triming of tail hairs, that's about it, everything else is left as is.

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.