Skip to content

Can anyone please explain this to me

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Can anyone attest to wholesale bully sticks / antlers??

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    14k Views
    krunzerK
    @DebraDownSouth: Becca I can ask them and get back with you. I know the owner :) I could also send you a handful and if your guys like them, I can then, just let me know. Sorry Debra, are you talking to me? My name is Kristen…...Becca is my female's name! LOL. I emailed them yesterday and am waiting for a reply. Thank you for your kindness. I would really like to get a bag, I know the dogs here would really love them!
  • Change can be hard…..

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    KanangaK
    @TikaLynn: I think Basenji's just are very alert dogs, and at night there is a lot of "activity" outside we may not see, but they do! I think that's a big part of it. As they say, "ignorance is bliss". Basenjis are certainly not ignorant when it comes to their surroundings. I noticed Kananga always has his ears back when we're outside at night, or certain times during the day. He can sense something and it makes me nervous at times. :o But this is what makes them great hunters and generally great at surviving out in the open. They are smart, and with that comes anxiety since they are aware.
  • Awareness can only help….

    Basenji Talk
    35
    0 Votes
    35 Posts
    19k Views
    tanzaT
    @sharronhurlbut: Please make sure you strip test your basenjis one a month. If you see a lot of water drinking/peeing, please get the strip tests out and test again. These poor puppymill dogs are not from quality breeders and their health is so much in doubt…. So, strip test, and if you get a puppymill dog get them tested for fanconis. Knowledge is power. For sure everyone should be strip testing.. and better yet, consider doing a DNA Test for Fanconi…. and if you are strip testing... consider doing it more than one day, once a month.. consider doing it 3 to 4 days in a row per month...
  • Please Read

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    subaruthieS
    Well, at least PetSmart has pulled them because of concerns. I found them missing when I went to work in our treat aisle today!!! http://www.itchmo.com/smokehouse-brand-dog-treats-pulled-from-petsmart-shelves-2869 We will be speaking to his vet about this ASAP, though he's keeping food down and has his energy back.
  • Help please…

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    J
    Well, Tosca is just fine I think:) I was kinda worried last night, as the emergency vet said it would probably be ok since she only had half a pill, but they said I could call poison control to be sure. Well, that was going to be pretty expensive (55) so I wasn't too crazy calling about half of a pill, plus she seemed ok, and the vet seemed pretty confident. Then this morning I was a little worried again because she wouldn't eat more than about half her food, which is extrememly unusual, she usually gobbles it right up! But I had to go to work, and I called our usual vet on the way and they said it shouldn't be a problem. Luckily, now that I am home tonight she seems fine:) Thanks for the suggestions, we just got Tosca in Feb and this is the first time I have ever had a dog ( I was deathly scared of them as a kid) but she really has grown on me, she is so sweet, and not like a normal dog.
  • This Basenji can Sing!!!

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    VanessaV
    When I played the video in my office at home my cat wouldn't stop meowing! Does that mean im going to be looking forward to a basenji singing and a cat as well???!!!!!! :D