• @Duke:

Which one was the ring leader? Nice to see so many at once.

One of the females….....go figure.:D πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

It was cool the way they all seemed to move once one did. I wonder if they had been more familar with the yards would they all stick together like that. Seemed to do the safety in numbers thing to me.

• Hey Basenji Boy!! A starter kit??? Wouldn't it be easier for ME if you just moved down here??? πŸ˜ƒ

You'd have to send a University of Tennessee starter kit though… we're in Knoxville. GO VOLS!!! :p

• @jenwilson:

Hey Basenji Boy!! A starter kit??? Wouldn't it be easier for ME if you just moved down here??? πŸ˜ƒ

You'd have to send a University of Tennessee starter kit though… we're in Knoxville. GO VOLS!!! :p

We need more Basenji Parks nationwide:D ….....weary travelers need a place to run their B's:)

Basenji Park, Knoxville sounds pretty cool to me, get in on the ground floor...........yes Go VOLS!

I'm thinking a Basenji Park Bed and Breakfest in New England. Basenji Park Tampa..... the possibilities are endless.

• @Basenji_Boy:

I'm thinking a Basenji Park Bed and Breakfest in New England.

Bring it!πŸ˜‰

International? How do you say "Basenji Park Poland" in Polish??:D πŸ™‚

• @nala121498:

Bring it!πŸ˜‰

International? How do you say "Basenji Park Poland" in Polish??:D πŸ™‚

I'll send you some signs M.:) πŸ™‚

• Well we are moving out of the tiny apartment into a house the end of this month. Mmmmmm, ya never know!!! How about All Vol Basenji Park, Knoxville, TN!!! :p πŸ˜ƒ

• @jenwilson:

Well we are moving out of the tiny apartment into a house the end of this month. Mmmmmm, ya never know!!! How about All Vol Basenji Park, Knoxville, TN!!! :p πŸ˜ƒ

Let's see, Poland, Vermont and Tennesee…..still need a deep south, Midwest, Rocky Mountian and West coast.(north and south).

Kidding aside, a network of mutually agreed places to run a B doesn't sound all that bad.:D

• That sounds like a great idea to me πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ Now all us B parents can all go on road trips knowing that we have a Basenji Rest Stop to run our Bs and have some good 'ol 'senji talk πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

• Might be the ONLY way for some of us to see more than one at a time!!! Wonder why I hear people say they know someone with Basenjis here in Knoxville, but yet you NEVER see them.?.? πŸ˜•

• @Duke:

I am curious if anyone knows … In Africa how many B's is or was in a normal size pack?

I found this, very interesting indeed Jill.

http://www.basenjicompanions.org/articles/zaire.html

Basenjis were everywhere. In an average native village of about 120 people, there would be about 50 Basenjis roaming loose on the farms of the village. An average farming/hunting family might have 8 to 12 Basenjis living with them in a small pack. Ann said there were never any serious fights. There was a fair amount of jostling and jockeying for rank, which was carried out by growling and stiff-legged dominance displays. A good deal of shoving and body-slamming occurred, but they mostly seemed to settle in to their places within the pack, which was usually headed by a strong, alpha male.

Ann speculated that the lack of fighting may have been because they were all loose and were not crowding each other. Occasionally, a minor scrap would break out over food, with the tidbit usually being grabbed by a third Basenji who was not in the fray. Males mated with many females; there was no paired mating behavior.

Suggested Topics