• Greetings,

I am new to this board and we live in south La. We are looking to start hunting Basenjis on Rabbit/Hare soon but wanted to hear from other experienced hunters.

Personaly, the rabbit hunting w/Basenjis will be new to me. But, I believe this is important because it preserves and enchances this breed's natural abilties and instincts. It keeps the breed true.

I was refered to a Jeff Schettler by this duck hunting peerson but I have no contact links to him.

• @Cazador:

Greetings,

I am new to this board and we live in south La. We are looking to start hunting Basenjis on Rabbit/Hare soon but wanted to hear from other experienced hunters.

Personaly, the rabbit hunting w/Basenjis will be new to me. But, I believe this is important because it preserves and enchances this breed's natural abilties and instincts. It keeps the breed true.

I was refered to a Jeff Schettler by this duck hunting peerson but I have no contact links to him.

I have never hunted my Basenji's, but have thought about trying them on upland game as I've trained a pointer in the past and find it very interesting.
    I don't know how a Basenji would work out hunting rabbits in the traditional way(shotguns) as I would think they would tail too close to the game to shoot safely.

• @Cazador:

Greetings,

Jeff is in Northern California, Lisa might have his email address, I can't find it at the moment….. but if she doesn't I will look for it...

• Here is the link for Jeff's yahoo group. It is "The Basenji Native Traits Preservation Project". I am a moderator there, but it is Jeff's baby. Please join, and share your experiences.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/BNTPP/

• Thanks for posting that Vegas!!!!!! I could not remember the yahoo group name either…

Suggested Topics