Skip to content

Home Alone

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji alone in large pen in garage?

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    helle deviH
    Not taking sides since I have no experience in this matter; just pointing out: @jholsing mentioned... he has a basenji MIX. His dog may be more tolerant of the suggested set up? However, 8 hours is quite a long time to leave any dog alone.
  • Settling in to a new home again

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    O
    Poor Cody! It was hard on Spencer (and me!) when we moved cross-country. At first, he would go and sit by the front door, waiting for someone to take him "home." I bought him new toys to play with and he would carry them to the door, sit beside them and wait. It took a few weeks, but he settled in. He still gets anxious when I bring in boxes, though.
  • Leaving pets alone

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    16k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    LOL well she probably liked it better when I took her, but if not, oh well… lol. Also, btw, the neighbors said their dog's name was Sarah. I thought, how sweet. Til I found out why... it was short for "Midnight Serenade" ... which she did and you could hear even if she was in the house lol.
  • Vet Home Reference Book Recommendations

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    lvossL
    I got a free copy of the Merck Veterinary Handbook at the Eukanuba on Friday. I haven't had a chance to really go through it but it looks like a nice reference.
  • Yeah!!! Jack Is Home!!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    So glad to hear that all is well. Congratulations on having Jack back!
  • Finally In Our New Home

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    hdolbowH
    mia and rocky both shaKE in the car.. mia cries the whole time too..