Skip to content

Home Alone

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji alone in large pen in garage?

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    helle deviH
    Not taking sides since I have no experience in this matter; just pointing out: @jholsing mentioned... he has a basenji MIX. His dog may be more tolerant of the suggested set up? However, 8 hours is quite a long time to leave any dog alone.
  • Home Alone *basenji style*

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    krunzerK
    I ended up getting some Bitter Apple spray and that has so far deterred them from trying to eat it again. Now if I could only get a jug of it for when I try to load the dishwasher…...
  • Kipawa is now home from the vet

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    12k Views
    lvossL
    It just takes time.
  • Happy to be back home

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    I am glad to hear that his UTI is gone. It might be good for dogs to be left for a few days and then come and pick them up, just like it is good for kids. It teaches young kids that mom, dad or whomever has not 'dumped" you, they will come back. I wonder if dogs would see that connection? Good news that he howled, I have yet to hear Otis, although he does have his own language going on when I vacuum clean.LOL.
  • Yeah!!! Jack Is Home!!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    So glad to hear that all is well. Congratulations on having Jack back!
  • Finally In Our New Home

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    hdolbowH
    mia and rocky both shaKE in the car.. mia cries the whole time too..