• I have been concerned that Solomon has not lost his last 2 upper fangs, the adult cannine teeth are coming in nicely, but the baby teeth still seem fairly solid. He is 6 month old and this has not seemed to caused him any problems other than he has not eating a lot, but he is getting enough. I may try wetting his food a little and heating it in the microwave. I would like to know how soon other besenji's loose their teeth?

• Usually the K9's are lost between 5 and 6 month.. if the adult upper K9's teeth are fully in then you need to talk to your Vet about having then removed…as soon as possible.... if you don't it can mess up his bite...... Have you checked to see if they are loose at all?...

• his adult k9 are not fully in yet,but is baby one's are not really loose, I check them daily. A friend told me I should get a towell and give it some good jerks to loosen. I have not done that, although i have been playing tug with him in hopes they will loosen.

• I wouldn't worry about if for a few more weeks. I also wouldn't try to jerk them out, that could really hurt him. I know with a few of our puppies, I have been starting to be sure they would never come out, and then within a few days they were out.

• If the adult K9's are not gully in, just wait a bit…. and I would never try to jerk them out either.... Like Andrea says, about the time you think they will never come out... they are gone.....

• I will wait, for a few more weeks, I am going to take him in to have id chip installed and will discuss with my vet. I gues I am just looking forward to have that part of puppy-hood behind us. He is a very normal basenji!!!
    Thanks for all of the advice!
    Glenn

• @Solomon:

I will wait, for a few more weeks, I am going to take him in to have id chip installed and will discuss with my vet. I gues I am just looking forward to have that part of puppy-hood behind us. He is a very normal basenji!!!
    Thanks for all of the advice!
    Glenn

Certainly you are no different to us.. we are ALL happy when those puppy "needle" teeth finally disappear!:)

Suggested Topics