• I agree the Petzlife does make a big difference.

• This has been my routine lately:

Petzlife gel- 3x/week
    Brushing with enzymatic toothpaste- 2x/week

It's honestly amazing how quickly the tarter comes off after using the Petzlife gel. It loosens everything up so that when you brush, 90% of it comes right off. I should have taken some before and after photos. I couldn't believe how well it works sometimes.

The bonus part of the gel is that it kills bad breath. I put a small tab of it on my index finger and wipe it on the roof of Kananga's mouth. His tongue coats his teeth and preps it for when he gets his teeth brushed. So far, he has very minimal tarter, if any at this point. I know my vet mentioned his teeth were in great shape last time he had his comprehensive exam. I bought the petzlife gel a few months ago and have not needed to purchase another container yet. It sure does last awhile, so don't get turned off by the high price tag.

• Great thread.

Thanks for the tips about Petzlife Oral gel, we will give it a try. We've been using ProDen Plaque Off in Leo's food and enzymatic toothpaste. Any tool to help prevent extractions and heart issues is a big thing.

Thanks again

• I still have the first bottle I purchased of Petzlife. I'm amazed how long one bottle lasts. Totally makes up for the higher price.

I usually brush kananga's teeth about once or twice a week. I wish I could do it more often, but it seems like this is working out very well. I use the petlife gel when I don't brush his teeth, but usually limited to 3 or 4 times per week.

I was checking over his teeth tonight, little to no tarter. He has a couple spots of very tiny amounts of tarter on his two back teeth. I'll try to focus on those in the future, but his front teeth are just brilliant white. The gums look very healthy and his breath is reasonable. I've gotta admit this Petzlife Gel is fantastic stuff.

• What is Petzlife Gel and were did you get it??

Rita Jean

• This thread is huge! I can't even follow it all..
    My B is almost 2 years old and has no tartar build up and usually pretty good smelling breath. I clean her teeth (with a brush) usually once or twice a week. She has lots of bones and things as well.

When should I expect to have to get her teeth cleaned? What if I take care of her teeth well for the rest of her life, should I ever have to expect to get this done? Seems like a lot of money but definitely something I am willing to do if she needs it. Right now, the vet said her mouth looks very healthy and clean.

• @Rita:

What is Petzlife Gel and were did you get it??

Rita Jean

http://www.petzlife.com/item/Petzlife-Gel

You can order it directly or find a local store that carries it. I was fortunate enough to find it at the place I go to for Kananga's food.

• @NullaBasenji:

This thread is huge! I can't even follow it all..
    My B is almost 2 years old and has no tartar build up and usually pretty good smelling breath. I clean her teeth (with a brush) usually once or twice a week. She has lots of bones and things as well.

When should I expect to have to get her teeth cleaned? What if I take care of her teeth well for the rest of her life, should I ever have to expect to get this done? Seems like a lot of money but definitely something I am willing to do if she needs it. Right now, the vet said her mouth looks very healthy and clean.

I would think it's only necessary if there were dental issues such as significant tarter build up.

To be 100% honest, I would try this dental gel before anything else, but it seems like your B's dental hygiene is nothing to be concerned about.

• Thank you I will see if any of stores carry it here. If not I will have to order it.

Rita Jean

• Rita, PetEdge carries it now.

Suggested Topics