• Please help me list poisonous plants for dogs. I know that the Poinsettias are poisonous. Here is a list I found on line:

Below, we have provided a list of some of the more common poisonous plants. This is not an all-inclusive list. The same plant may also have different common names depending on the area of the country in which one resides. Every pet owner should know what plants are in and around his/her house.

Aloe Vera
    Amaryllis
    Apple (seeds)
    Apricot (pit)
    Arrowhead
    Asparagus Fern
    Avocado
    Autumn Crocus
    Azalea
    Baneberry
    Begonia
    Bird of Paradise
    Black Locust
    Black Walnut
    Bleeding Heart
    Boston Ivy
    Caladium
    California Poppy
    Calla Lily
    Carnation
    Castor Bean
    Ceriman
    Cherry (seeds, wilting leaves, and pit)
    Chinese Evergreen
    Chives
    Christmas Rose
    Chrysanthemum
    Clematis
    Corn Plant
    Crocus
    Croton
    Crown of Thorns
    Crown Vetch
    Cyclamen
    Daffodil
    Delphinium
    Devil's Ivy
    Dicentra
    Dieffenbachia
    Donkey Tail
    Dumb Cane
    Dutchman's Breeches
    Easter Lily
    Elderberry
    Elephant Ears
    English Ivy
    Eucalyptus
    Fiddle-leaf Fig
    Florida Beauty
    Four O'Clock
    Foxglove
    Foxtail
    Fruit Salad Plant
    German Ivy
    Gladiola
    Hemlock
    Holly
    Honeysuckle
    Hurricane Plant
    Hyacinth
    Hydrangea
    Iris
    Ivy
    Jack in the Pulpit
    Japanese Yew
    Jerusalem Cherry
    Jimson Weed
    Jonquil
    Kalanchoe
    Lamb's quarter
    Lantana
    Larkspur
    Laurel
    Lily
    Lily of the Valley
    Lobelia
    Locoweed
    Lords-and-Ladies
    Lupine
    Marigold (Marsh Marigold)
    Marijuana
    Mayapple
    Mexican Breadfruit
    Milkweed
    Mistletoe
    Monkshood
    Morning Glory
    Mother-in-Law plant
    Mother-in-Law's Tongue
    Mountain Laurel
    Mushrooms
    Narcissus
    Nephthytis
    Nightshade
    Oak Tree (buds and acorns)
    Oleander
    Onion
    Peace Lily
    Peach (wilting leaves and pits)
    Pencil Tree
    Philodendron
    Pigweed
    Poinsettia
    Poison Ivy
    Poison Hemlock
    Poison Oak
    Poison Sumac
    Poppy
    Potato (all green parts)
    Pothos
    Precatory Bean
    Rhododendron
    Rhubarb
    Ribbon Cactus
    Rubber Tree
    Sago Palm
    Schefflera
    Shamrock Plant
    Snake Plant
    Snow on the Mountain
    Sorghum
    Star of Bethlehem
    Stinging Nettle
    Stinkweed
    Swiss Cheese Plant
    Taro Vine
    Toadstools
    Tobacco
    Tomato Plant (entire plant except ripe fruit)
    Umbrella Tree
    Water Hemlock
    Weeping Fig
    Wisteria
    Yew

• WOW What a list!!

• well a lot of these can be indoor plants, like the rubber tree plant. You could have something without knowin' it!

• My plants are all up out of the way-it's kind of funny to walk into the house and see the banana tree up on the china cabinet!

• Arlene…it's a good thing you don't have monkeys 😃 😃 😃

• Hmm… Basenjis, Monkeys? Basenjis, Monkeys? Monkeys, Basenjis...??? I do believe they are interchangeable....

• Mine accidently once ate some oleander leaf. You should have seen the fast spit out/foam up of the mouth. Thank God it tasted bad! No harm done though. One of mine would love to chew on the ice plant roots at the beach. Sort of chew and pull on it. No swallowing though.

• How about artificial plants, LOL. Cairo is always trying to eat my fake tropical plant. He will drag it by the leaf:D around the whole house.

• Monkeys? Yes, I think they are interchangeable! Good thing the China cabinet is an old one and is like a square box on sticks with no place to get a toe hold! I also put their toys up there I don't want them to molest too much! Funny thing is the other morning my husband made a pbj sandwich-intending to take it to work-left the kitchen for a minute and the littlest one took it off the counter! I told him serves him right for leaving temptation out in the open.

• LOL, why can't the men be more alert! Ah HA HA HAAaaaa…just kidding males who own basenjis....you are a special breed.....LOL

• I have to disagree. Monkeys are still 10X worse than a basenji. I can't imagine one in my house. But they are so darn cute.

• Yeah, cute. Until you get hit with flying poop!

• @Mantis:

LOL, why can't the men be more alert! Ah HA HA HAAaaaa…just kidding males who own basenjis....you are a special breed.....LOL

He was alert-he saw the sandwich was gone!

• Here is a cute and true story…. My breeder that I got Maggii and Mickii from (16yrs ago) at the time had her Mom living with them. She was blind and senile... when Marilyn would make and give her lunch it was on a TV tray... Dinka would sit in front of the TV tray and wait will Marilyn left, she would then carefully get up on her hind legs and with the front, swipe the sandwich off the plate onto the floor... for the longest time Marilyn couldn't figure out why her Mom kept saying she was hungry and when was lunch... ggggg

• hedge yews are one of the most deadly plants, just a little bit can kill an animal.

Yew

All parts of the Yew tree are highly toxic, except the bright red area surrounding the seed. Yews contain a toxin known as taxine, which causes central nervous system symptoms such as trembling, poor coordination and difficult breathing. The toxin can also cause stomach upset and heart failure.

• Aww man, im pregnant right now, and i dont know WHAT the reason is, but JACK it KILLING me with his gas today!! and i thought i was bad because of the baby…He has been chewing grass lately maybe thats why...IDK but I cant take muuch more!!

Suggested Topics