Skip to content

Odd question: Why does the 3rd outside front toe (L and R) angle in on these dogs?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Senior Dog question

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    15k Views
    D
    In my experience, the back leg quivering is normal for older/elderly dogs. I have found that it will get worse as the dog get older. If more neurological symptoms appear or if they are affecting his gait/movement, I suggest taking him to a neurologist for a thorough exam. Jennifer
  • Is this odd

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    P
    Food usually does the trick. I know mine are wary about open stairs too.
  • Dog food question, need help

    Basenji Talk
    41
    0 Votes
    41 Posts
    27k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    I just bought Bella some Merricks Grammy's Pot Pie (dry). It sounds so good I'm tempted to give it a try, LOL!!! I haven't given it to her yet, I'm trying to time it out so I can introduce it slowly… I had to get it at a feed & seed supply store. It IS sad that people are uneducated about the differences of dog foods… but what is worse is that some of these companies don't care how bad the food is for our pets. Another example of how money is more important in their pocket... BTW, for treats we like Old Mother Hubbard!!!:D
  • Dog Sitting Questions

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    L
    Well I had my first Consultation last night with one of the dog sitters. I really liked her. She works part time as a vet tech and part time as a dog sitter. I liked that she has a vet tech degree, and is comfortable with canine first aid/CPR. I would hope that all dog sitters are trained in this, but now I know to ask about it in the future. She walked in and was so surprised to see a Basenji in Oregon (She is originaly from Florida). We had a great hour long consultation. I reallt think she may be the one I go with, but as this is my first time needing a pet sitter I will go through the other two consultations before making up my mind.
  • Dog tag question..

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Questions?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    On tv this morning they showed some dogs that were to be adopted at Petsmart from the Humane Society. One of them they said was a basenji/terrier mix. That dog was huge and he didn't look anything like a basenji to me. No batwing ears but the tail was curled.