Skip to content

Just spotted Basenji.co.uk is for sale

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Looking for Basenji puppies for sale

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • My Basenji has HOT SPOTS is it really a food allergy?

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    YodelMaY
    My youngster was losing his fur in patches last winter, I was convinced it was food allergies. My vet said it was likely a contact allergy. Sure enough,homemade organic food didn't help. Since I don't use any chemical household products (no cleaners, rug or room deoderizers, scented candles etc) I was mystified. You need to become a detective to find the problem. In Sunny's case, the problem was a dust allergy: I moved his crate close to a heat vent so he wouldn't be cold! As soon as I moved his crate away from the vent his fur started to grow back. I moved to a house with wood heat this summer and he's been fine this winter.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • Co-worker Meets A Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    13k Views
    P
    I can leave mine loose in the car as long as there is more than one -the only time I've had damage (which included seat belts!) is when one's been left on their own. I would never leave the car running though and I always leave it in gear (I don't have internal locking either).
  • Broomfield, CO Basenji Sitter Needed

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    bcraigB
    I doubt it would work but we are about 4 hours away in Snowmass and would consider it if there is any way you could make the trip here. We are from Michigan and are planning a trip to Detroit in October and are working on figuring out a dog sitter for that trip. We have a one-year female. It would be great to trade-out but I think are we are probably too far away from each other.