Skip to content

We are looking Basenji / live in turkey Istanbul

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for a Basenji UK/London/Kent

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @buzz-carmenator I have sent everyone who mailed me a list of Breed Clubs in the UK with their secretaries email addresses and also that of the Basenji Rescue co-ordinator. BUT - people who want a puppy are advised to read a great deal up about them, including the fact that, in the Northern Hemisphere, at least 95% of litters are born November / December ish. So puppies are unlikely to be available until late February next year at the earliest. Basenji ladies are once-a-year girls, coming into season September / October ish for the most part. Several of the people I have referred to individual breeders have already visited with them and, if considered suitable, have been put on lists for the next litter. However some people have decided that, on closer inspection, a Basenji is not for them and others have visits pending. Have a good read of all the articles, including the Zande Put-Off on my website (see signature block) and then email me privately.
  • Looking for a basenji puppy!!

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    M
    @abmyir We lived in Hawaii and could not find one in US back in 1960 so we got ours from N.Z Cost was $2000 air but he was worth all of it. [image: 1588543460557-basenjipurebreddogpukkanutwelcomenuggetkoa6yearsold.jpg]
  • Looking for female basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    NobleJoAN
    @helle-devi Thank you for responding. I have already been in touch with the basenji sisters. I was not aware before I contacted them that they are located in CA. I think the distance between us is too great. If things didn’t work out between my basenji and one of their girls, the distance would be a problem. I did become a member on the Facebook site that you recommended. Thank you so much! I was unaware that such a site existed. Jo Ann
  • 0 Votes
    14 Posts
    14k Views
    L
    Hi, I talked to my daughter last night and she really does not want me to find him another home, even though he's making her sick, (she's allergic to him). She threatened to leave home if I did. She's 18 so she could. I guess we will try and keep him. The good news is I did find a place that will pick up and drop off dogs, take them for long walks in the woods, and let them play with other dogs for the day. All for just $17.00 a day. So at least he's not in a crate for 9 hours any more and he seems to really enjoy it. He runs to the person right away and is excited to go and comes back very happy and tired.
  • Looking for a basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    18k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    My gut feeling is if you can't find a dog who is utterly good with cats already, your best and safest bet is a puppy. I suggest you get on a couple of breeder's list and wait for the perfect pup for your house.
  • Looking for Basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    He has never owned a Basenji before no, but he has researched them. Thank you for the info. I will talk to him.