Skip to content

Fostering a pup that looks like Basenji

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Is my pup Basenji mixed?

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @elbrant - Better place to see what a Basenji looks like is on the BCOA site, www.basenji.org and go to https://basenji.org/index.php/shop/books-cd-s-illustrated-standard/illustrated-standard. You can review on line
  • Looking for a pup in the uk

    Member Introductions
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    ZandeZ
    @patrick-brandon good ! I will reply when I get back from the woods. Glorious weather, mud drying up and Kito is taking to recall very well indeed. Of course, he has his half brother to set a good example 😍
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    Joan and Traci, happy to email you pictures. I will take some this weekend and sent them your way. The female is bigger in size (about 6kg) and lovely (tan with some black stripes and a lovely face) and extremely sharp. She is already trained. The male is smaller in size (about 5kg now) and very good natured. He is quieter but very vivid and active. We started their vaccination this week and they will have their booster in a month or so. I will be in touch. Thank you.
  • Looking for a Basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    BendaTXBRATB
    PLEASE visit www.basenjirescue.org and take a look at the current purebred basenji rescues availiable and ready for forever homes. We offer transport options where volunteers are availiable. I just recently flew a dog from Texas to Toronto, A plane ticket for $220.00 bought the dog climate controlled in cabin flight, and the adoption was a success. Please email me if you have any questions! BENDA4BRAT@YAH0O.COM
  • New basenji foster mom

    Member Introductions
    31
    0 Votes
    31 Posts
    16k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Okay, marrow bones. I used to always give but had one very aggressive chewer. The vet showed me the actual cracks in her teeth! The other dogs were fine, btw. But every once in a while, shine a flashlight on the teeth and look for cracks. I check their teeth, but I never saw the cracks til she put actual light on them.
  • Basenji from Slovakia

    Member Introductions
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    16k Views
    P
    she is called Khani?s Santa Lucia, the girl going to Hungary - and if I at the same time may draw your attention to the site with import/exported basenjis 2009 http://www.fallohide.dk/imports_2009.htm I would very much appreciate info and link to sites when possible - thank you :-))