• Hello, my melly is a tricolor basenji Sheppard mix. She is adorable. I didn't know about the breed till recently when we got the DNA results. I was wondering if any one could tell me about the ears. Mellys ears stand up except the tip unless she is watching the door they go straight up. She has the yodle and is very vocal when she plays. We have her crate trained and she picks up things very easily. Is there any advice someone would give to a person who had adopted a highly energetic diff sick as a basenji mix?

• Welcome. Would love to see pictures! How old is Melly? If young, the ears may eventually become erect all the time.
    With any dog with high energy, you need to give them physical and mental stimulation. Doing a lot of obedience and lots of exercise will help.

• She is very smart and listens very well. !! I'll try to post photos when I get more. Still figuring out the settings

• Welcome to the breed, super cool how you learned from a DNA test! My purebred ears have been fully up since we picked him up, maybe due to the mix?

• @melly said in New to the basenji breed:

She is very smart and listens very well. !! I'll try to post photos when I get more. Still figuring out the settings

If you click on the last symbol, the up arrow, you then choose a photo from your computer and it will post it.

Suggested Topics