Skip to content

Clown dog of mine

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Service Dogs

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    12k Views
    TimesthemythT
    Amazing stories in here
  • Bad dogs

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    rnastoR
    Lol…sorry to laugh but I was walking Indy the other day and for some strange reason there was a pair of socks in the middle of the side walk. Needless to say he saw it before I did. He raced up to it grabbed them and was starting his best show dog prance by the time I saw him.
  • Dog socialization…

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    QuercusQ
    Very nice work Basenjibratz! They look totally comfortable! And I agree that once the basenjis are used to other dogs, and have a chance to acclimate, often things go quite well. It is that initial interaction that often goes so well! You have done some great work.
  • Devil dog/good dog

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    nobarkusN
    Yes I agree Pat, Fort Funston could get very crowded and dangerous for smaller dogs as packs of bigger dogs playing could cause injury. My 2 Basenjis were very good and stayed pretty close to me and got used to the crowds. The only problem I had there was with this lady who had an older Tri color female Basenji. It would bite my blk/wht, Nika who was 1-1/2 on the butt. A few times of that and I stayed way away from her. The problem is Nika was a very playful girl and never did anything like that. A few times of getting nipped on the butt started her doing it to other dogs and Basenjis. A Basenji would want to play and Nika would chase and give a nip and the the other dog would get mad and a fight would occur. Nobody would ever get hurt thankfully. It was rare that it would happen as I took them there for 9 years, mostly on the weekend without problem. We had a lot of fun and people loved the Basenjis! Ringo, the red/wht was a very entertaining clown when we'd go down to the beach.
  • Dog escape

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    luzmery928L
    Who let the fox in..hahaha
  • "clown dog does it again"

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    SunnyS
    LOL !!! i might not think it so funny when it happends to me…