Skip to content

Basenji mix aggression

Behavioral Issues
  • I rescued a basenji mix in December. He is such a love able dog. He does bark and doesn't have a curly tail. He looks like a basenji and has a lot of the traits. When I adopted him in December, I had a five year old mixed male. He passed in February from pancreatitis. In march, I adopted an eight week old female jack Russell/Bassett hound mix. She was only 12 pounds when I got her. Tucker, my basenji, never hurt her, but he plays rough. Even after all the little teeth bites from my puppy, he never hurt her. He is very aggressive to dogs, tho. I will have to pay attention to the sex of the dogs. I know he's aggressive to the female in the neighbors yard. I'm getting upset, because people think he will hurt their dog. And, honestly, I don't know. Please, can anyone give me their advice.?

Suggested Topics

  • 1 yr old basenji dog aggressive after second heat

    Behavioral Issues
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    C
    @elbrant and all of you thanks!
  • 0 Votes
    20 Posts
    7k Views
    eeeefarmE
    I am not up to date on current rabies vaccines for dogs, but I know that in the past there was more than one formulation, as my next door neighbour's dog had an anaphylactic reaction when vaccinated and the vet made a note to use a different formulation for the next annual shot. In future the dog had no difficulties. There are known side effects to most vaccines. Aggression is not one I am familiar with, however, with rabies vaccination in countries that require it there isn't much choice. It would not be my first thought with an 18 month old dog showing aggression. Especially a Basenji objecting to being moved from a comfortable place.
  • Older Basenji Mix Whining

    Behavioral Issues
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @marbrisson She is special because she is at least part Basenji. You are special because of the love and care you are giving her. As senses diminish, in her case hearing and sight, others become more necessary - in her case I would suggest touch has become very necessary to keep her confident and orientated. Definitely let her become a bed-dog and try to let her know you are close throughout the day - Keep up the good work ! And good luck to you both -
  • 1 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    senjisillyS
    @haroldmcmullen I am so sorry for your loss. I still cry over my losing very difficult but extremely devoted Basenji, Ella. [image: 1621983219182-20046559_1721996551427575_7518595403178128604_n.jpg]
  • Basenji mix and Boston Terrier Fight on first day

    Behavioral Issues
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • New 1 yr old Basenji/Lab mix

    Behavioral Issues
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    35k Views
    P
    It's good to have abn update and well done for keeping him an ifeal dog.