• Hello Fellow Basenji Lovers-

I am not really sure where else to post this (apart from the health section), but I wanted to get some guidance/advice on the best way to move across the country from New York to Los Angeles with our two basenjis, as well as 2 cats and our 2 year old son. I am weighing between flying versus driving. Its a very long haul, and with 10 hours of driving per day, it will take us 4, maybe 5 days if you add all the stops and breaks. Having all the animals fly on the other hand makes me very nervous, as I have heard all the horror stories. My cats are old (one is 13 and one is 19 yr old), and quite frankly am worried that they may not make it. I am not sure how Benga and Lulu would do, but they are pretty healthy. I just worry about their psyche. Has anyone ever used anything like Pet Airways or Pets Who Fly? Does anyone know of an airline that allows basenjis in the cabin with their owner? everything that I am reading is saying that in order for a pet to fly in the cabin, they have to be small enough to fit under the seat….

Sorry for rambling. I am just trying to figure this out, and these are all the things I have come up with. If anyone has tips, suggestions, advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jen (Benga & Lulu's mommy)

Suggested Topics