Skip to content

Boarding

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Boarding

    Moved Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    @lmerrick such a tough topic. The only person I trust to look after my Basenjis is my sister. I don’t think I would ever consider boarding them with anyone. But, I completely understand how inconvenient that can be. I wish I had an answer but I really don’t
  • Boarding over christmas holidays

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    AndrewA
    I'm sorry to hear things were less than ideal :( I'm all settled in Lakewood now, and I do have plenty of room for multiple crates & dogs, so keep me in mind in if you go on vacation without your basenjis in the future. Hope they recover soon.
  • Pembroke - Boarding Kennel?

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • Boarding needed in OH

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    T
    Just outside of Clevleland. Mentor, Oh
  • Winter Boarding….brrrrrrr!!!! It's cold!!

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    snorky998S
    All great suggestions. Also, for peace of mind, ask which emergency vet they use and check out that facility as well. We also include an unwashed T-shirt (one from each of us)that we have slept in for a few days so our smells are concentrated. Ask if someone plays with the dogs when they're turned out to run, and ask if there is a washer and dryer on sight in case of an accident so the bedding gets washed. All my above suggestions have come from experience and grant me some peace when I have to leave my dogs. That said, I'm still a BIG baby when I have to leave the "kids".:o
  • Never boarded Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    10k Views
    WBLW
    I just boarded Tiggy and Reggie for one night, Reggie has been boarded before and Tiggy and him were in the same suite. They both did great and they had no problems and had no issues noted on their cards.