Shelter Challenge: :( We didn't win.. come on folks, July 9th, get out the vote

• TX DFW Pug Rescue Grapevine won this time.

I know it's boring to click every day, but when it means money for OUR breed, please make time, get others to help

• I thought BRAT was in the lead in TX. Is there some reason why BRAT did not win-like did it win previously and was not eligible this time?

Jennifer

• No idea, but BEFORE you could win monthly forever, just not the bigger prizes. 😞

I just looked, they changed the rules

QUOTE::: Regional prizes (State, Canadian, or International) may not be won during two consecutive voting rounds by a single organization; they are now limited to a maximum of two prizes during non-consecutive voting rounds per group per year.

So Now I have to ask BRAT why the push when we could have helped our local shelters etc this round. 😞

• When I was able to use another computer, I voted for a rural rescue in KY which was in second place near the beginning of the challenge. I did it during the last challenge also but a different rescue was leading. Two different rescues in KY won the past two times. I am glad since these rescues pull from kill shelters and their areas have lots of stray dogs. I receive e-mails that these shelters/rescues need help. It was the least I could do so they could win $1,000. I will pick another rural rescue for the upcoming challenge.

Jennifer

• As much as I want to help BRAT win, I don't think the Shelter Challenge is done properly. I
    f you look the winners, many time,s the weekly winners are the same as the shelter that gets the most votes (so it can't be random) and if you look at past winners of bigger prizes (not the state prize) the same shelters are in there several times. I would like to see some serious rule changes here.

• The rules did change this time and made it more fair:

Under the rules of the 2012 Shelter+ Challenge:
    ? No group may win more than one Grand Prize in 2012. Winners of the Grand Prize are not eligible for state or regional grants during the same voting round, but are eligible for all other prizes. We congratulate Blind Cat Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc., our first Grand Prize winners of 2012!
    ? Regional prizes (State, Canadian, or International) may not be won during two consecutive voting rounds by a single organization; they are now limited to a maximum of two prizes during non-consecutive voting rounds per group per year.
    ? Weekly Winners are not eligible for Regional (State, Canadian, or International) awards during the same voting round. Weekly Winners are not excluded from Grand prizes and Special prizes.<<<

But I agree.
    I think that they should limit Grand Prize to every OTHER year and state to once a year, not every other voting. It has become much like a steady supplemental income for a few groups. I think after so much money, the group should be eliminated completely for a while. As it is, many wonderful rescues have zero chance.

Suggested Topics