Trimming a reluctant dog's nails

• I really like this video. This is a very clever way to trim your dog's nails when you can't use nail clippers or a Dremel.

http://youtu.be/DdqZQOwa00M

Note: There is also a part 2 if you want to see more.

• I don't think I could get my B to do that. What about the back? Luckily mine will let me use a file on his nails. Street walking keeps them trimmed except the dew claws that I do myself. I used to take my cat to a local pet store that will trim them all in 3 minutes for $8.

• That is a very interesting concept. Kind of like those cat clawing boards that they have out now. Back nails never grow as fast as the front ones, but looks like you would still have to trim or dremel their back nails. I can do my B's nails with the dremel in about 10 mins (when they aren't being turkeys and trying to get away from it).

• I trained Zoni to do her front nails that way with the board flat on the floor. It was suprisingly easy to get her to do it so give it a try.

Although it takes a while to get their nails short that way so I haven't done it in a while.

• Buddy likes to dig on the couch so maybe if I stick a board under him when he starts it might work.

• Anubis lets me use a dremel on his nails. Funny thing is…he will fall asleep in my lap as I do it...maybe something about the vibration of the dremel relaxes him? Either way its pretty hilarious lol. He lays on his stomach in my lap and goes to sleep the minute I start to do his nails.

• @Anubis's:

Anubis lets me use a dremel on his nails. Funny thing is…he will fall asleep in my lap as I do it...maybe something about the vibration of the dremel relaxes him? Either way its pretty hilarious lol. He lays on his stomach in my lap and goes to sleep the minute I start to do his nails.

Wow how did you train him to do that? Mine still try to fight me every time. I just tip them on their backs while in a comfy chair and fight with them to get their feet to stay still. Good job on the falling asleep bit!

• @krunzer:

Wow how did you train him to do that? Mine still try to fight me every time. I just tip them on their backs while in a comfy chair and fight with them to get their feet to stay still. Good job on the falling asleep bit!

Thanks! lol. The funny thing is I never trained him to do it lol. He's just always been pretty laid back about me poking, prodding, trimming and such. I guess its just his personality. Ill get a video clip sometime if I can lol.

Suggested Topics