• Hi guys,

Been away from the B Forum for ages, (soooooo busy), and just starting to get Vanda's health testing started, for her next year's breeding, (fingers crossed !!!), and I was wondering if I could just clarify a few things, about Fanconi testing from those in the know !!! Im time poor at the moment, so dont have time to find the info myself, sorry to be a pain :-)…

Ive added her to the Canine Phenome Project, (which I think I did before I got Ochre and Saba Fanconi tested), is this still necessary ???

Do I order the Fanconi Testing kits through OFA now ??? Pay first, then get them sent out ??? Do I need to get it done by the Vet, or at home by myself ???

Sorry to be a pain, I know the info is through here, just so lacking in time to do the research myself :-(...

• We just orderd it at Ofa, payed and got the test at home.
    You can test by yourselfe, we did a little swab in their mouth, put the stuff on the special sheet and send it back.
    Then it's waiting for the results!

You always can send OFA an email, they are always very friendly to help and guide you.

Fingers crossed for good health!

• You do not have to do the Genome registry.
    You go straight to OFA, order the kit, swab (REALLY SCRUB to get enough!), send in:

http://www.offa.org/dnatesting/fanconi.html

• @DebraDownSouth:

You do not have to do the Genome registry.
    You go straight to OFA, order the kit, swab (REALLY SCRUB to get enough!), send in:

http://www.offa.org/dnatesting/fanconi.html

It is recommended that you still register Basenjis with Canine Phenome Project

• @tanza:

It is recommended that you still register Basenjis with Canine Phenome Project

Is that also recommended for dogs from (for example) Holland? And how do we do that?

• Yes, it is recommended that all basenjis worldwide register with the Canine Phenome Project and that owners update the information as their dogs age. The information that is gathered from the CPP, is one of the sources BCOA has to keep track of what may be developing issues in the breed or where we may need to collect more data. The more people that participate and accurately report the statistics on their dog the better the picture we have of where the breed stands.

Suggested Topics