Skip to content

Agility results

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Agility & Obedience in AZ

    Basenji Training
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    K
    You might want to look into the Jumping Chollas Agility Club; they are a nice group of people, and use overall good training methods for basenjis. I can't think of anyone off hand training their basenji for agility in Phoenix, but a couple of us from Tucson show up and run our dogs at the JCAC trials. The Phoenix Field and Obedience Club does a great job putting on obedience trials, and they do offer training classes. I can't verify the training methods used, so you would have to check and see if they are agreeable to you and how you want to acheive your goals with your basenji. There are a lot of nice people in that club as well, so just getting to know some of them can lead you to training classes or instructors with whom you should be comfortable. Again, I don't know of anyone in Phoenix actively showing basenjis in obedience right now, but we Tucsonans show up and show off our kids in Rally and regular Obedience. Good luck with your furkid! Katy Scott
  • Zesty agility report

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    lisastewartL
    Big congratulations, that is wonderful
  • NCWC AKC Lure Coursing Results

    Basenji Training
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    I know how that goes. It will take awhile for Rally to earn her VLCM. She is going pretty much going 8 points at a time. It took Rally and Nicky longer to earn their VFCh than their FCh titles because they are the only 2 vets running at most events. outlook add ins
  • Zpuppy goes her first agility seminar . . .

    Basenji Training
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    wizardW
    Wow great photos! And great dogs! :)
  • Some Quirky Run Results

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    YodelDogsY
    Congrats to Rally and Nicky on their BOB's and to Rio for her qualifying score too!
  • Kiora and agility?

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    BaMicaB
    Hi I just started mica on Rally I- we are into the second week - we are learning left turn - right turn - front - weave between cones and it is alot of fun. I did not use clicker training before this dog training class but mica catches on very easily - after I took a private class with her on clicker training. I also found out you can do rally I with non-akc dogs also for competition which makes me happy, too. Mica likes to be sociable with all the other dogs (only three others) at the class - so sometimes she wants to say hello hello to everyone, including the trainer. But when she concentrates, she does quite well. It takes work and practice. The only thing is the dog school seems too serious, sometimes, but since I want to work with her, I will work through this class. BaMicas mom