Dogo Habari Breeding plans 2012

• Here's another thought, or something I just noticed when Anne mentioned the ears. Shadow's inside ears are black/black-Johnny's are not. Could this be an indication?? Johnny's are black on the top part, going down to pinkish/grey on the bottom canal. Anyone else notice anything on their black dogs' ears?

BTW-Johnny update, finally got the OFA back on Johnny's hips-they are rated good. Now just waiting for the DNA test to come back. If I don't hear anything this week, I will have to call them. It's just about seven weeks now that it was sent in.

• Johnny is also clear/normal for Fanconi Syndrome. So puppies should be clear since both Sugar and Johnny are clear. Yay!

• Great news on the health results.

Shadow's inside ears are black/black-Johnny's are not. Could this be an indication?? Johnny's are black on the top part, going down to pinkish/grey on the bottom canal. Anyone else notice anything on their black dogs' ears?

I don't think it is conclusive about his genetic color. Reds and tris are usually pinkish on the inside, blacks are usually dark inside though I have seen some with both black and pinkish inside. Brindles can have specks inside the ears.

• 3 out 3 of my black and whites have pink in their ears. Rally's are the blackest and Kyo's the pinkest but all have pink in their ears.

• I forgot to mention that all colors can have blackish towards the tips at times. The hair gets "crumbly" and can be rubbed off. I do not know why this happens to some dogs but I think it may have to do with indoor dryness.

• That would explain Shadow's ears. They are crumbly on the inside, but he also likes to lay on the heat vent.

• Babies have been born on December 17, 2012. 4 boys, 2 girls. All pics are posted on my FB page, Dogo Habari Basenjis. 2 Red boys, 1 Red Girl, 1 Black Girl, 1Black Boy, 1 Tri boy.

• Congrats on the babies! Hope all are doing well.

• Congrats on a nice sized variety litter!

• Congrats on a nice sized variety litter! Had to pop over to facebook to see them. 🙂

Suggested Topics