Skip to content

Camden, DE female Basenji mix

Basenji Rescue
  • Beautiful girl. I went to see her but do not have a place for her for two months, otherwise I would take her home. I would confidently say she is part Basenji, she has the white paws, does not bark, and has a very Basenji personality. She is characteristically aloof and walks very well on a leash, seems housebroken. She does have mange. She was an owner surrender and came in with fleas and mange lesions. I am not sure she's part pit, because she is very lean and muscled somewhat like a greyhound. I hope someone can give her a wonderful home. Well, I wish that I could, but it's a very long shot she'll still be available come May.

    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18809395

  • she is really beautiful. poor little thing!

    and i cannot imagine a pit bull/basenji mix. what a very odd combination (yet two of my favorite breeds!)

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mix

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    This pup did find a home through BRAT, and she has moved to MT. -Joanne
  • Do you think this is a Basenji mix?

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    she may have so many different breeds in her so that it's hard to tell what's in there. But yes, she is a pretty little thing. And look at those looong legs - great canidate for supermodel or agility dog.
  • Basenji mix

    Basenji Rescue
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Is this a basenji [mix]

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @Quercus: I would guess boxenji :) That's my thought too. I don't see the pitt.
  • Our shelter thought this was a basenji mix

    Basenji Rescue
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    lvossL
    The thing with multi-generational mutts is that they tend toward the dog "default" which is the same look that you see in many street dogs and pariah dog, medium size, prick ears, and often tan coloring. Since basenjis are a primitive dog they share these characteristics.
  • Female Basenji in MI

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Great news and thank you. Thank you Vicki for finding him. Rita Jean