• @dmarie:

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words and suggestions. I did try Hounds of Timar and although Jean said they have puppies, they many not be available for sale and won't know for at least a few more weeks. I have another prospect that I'm waiting to hear on, a little girl red and white and I just hope and pray it all works out and I can get her. I'm just waiting for the owner to get back to me. It would mean so much to me if I can get this little girl.

I'm in Rochester, NY and I actually have a deposit on the litter that Jean currently has. I am not sure what the availability is but I know that this litter is all boys, if you were still looking for a girl. She co-bred with Kyle C. at Kaleonahe Basenji's. He has some pictures up on his site. www.Kaleonahe.com. My experience with Jean has been great so far. I have been out to see her a couple of times. I can't wait to pick up my pup in 3 weeks!

• @Vintinck:

I'm in Rochester, NY and I actually have a deposit on the litter that Jean currently has. I am not sure what the availability is but I know that this litter is all boys, if you were still looking for a girl. She co-bred with Kyle C. at Kaleonahe Basenji's. He has some pictures up on his site. www.Kaleonahe.com. My experience with Jean has been great so far. I have been out to see her a couple of times. I can't wait to pick up my pup in 3 weeks!

Congrats on the soon to be new pup…please post pics when you get him!

• As of right now, I will be picking up my little girl on Friday. She is from a breeder who has been breeding and showing for 19 years. I am so looking forward to seeing her. In the meantime I've been shopping for a new crate, chew bones, etc. I am so excited.

• Wow, congratulations on your basenji girl! Can't wait to see photos!

• Congrats, where is your girl from ??

• I can post a picture, but I can't figure out how. Can someone explain how and I'll try to post it.

Oops, well I did something right and there is a thumbnail image of her.
    attachment_p_132408_0_ella1.jpg

• Really cute…is her breeder Andrew @ Kivu?

• @renaultf1:

Really cute…is her breeder Andrew @ Kivu?

Really cute!!! and that would be my guess too…. Andrew... Let us know as many of us are related by our Basenjis.... And some of Andrew's (if that is the breeder) has related Basenjis to my C-Me and Franie.....

• Houston

Wow, she is adorable..how exciting…congratulations again.

• @tanza:

Really cute!!! and that would be my guess too…. Andrew... Let us know as many of us are related by our Basenjis.... And some of Andrew's (if that is the breeder) has related Basenjis to my C-Me and Franie.....

+1 - please let us know who the parents are…Andrew has one of my girl Ruby's daughters (Raven) and I think she was bred this year.

• Sorry, I was rushing before and didn't give the name of the breeder, but yes, it is Andrew Sawler. I'll meet him tomorrow, but from talking to him on the phone and emails, he sounds like a very nice person.

So very cool that Renaultf1, you apparently have my pups grandmother, because Raven is the mom and Obo is the dad. My pup was named by Andrew and even though he said I could change it, I actually like her name and it seems very appropriate for me, since I'm a kindergarten teacher. Her name is Ellaminnowpea, Ella for short. In kindergarten, the kids like to say LMNOP as if it were one word. I think Ella is a pretty name, so that's what I will call her. I am so excited. I can't wait. I will post more pictures when she is finally home. I've been doing a lot of shopping, including online getting her some things. I just want to hold and cuddle her. I probably won't get a lot of sleep tonight!

• dmarie or renaulft1 - what are their registered names…. interested to see if related to Franie or C-Me

• OMG, her name is too cute!!! I love it and your pup is very cute. Andrew is a super nice person and wickedly funny - and very knowledgeable and helpful. Very cool that my Ruby is your pup's grandma - I've always thought Raven is lovely! Definitely post pics up when you get Ella.

Congrats again!

• @tanza:

dmarie or renaulft1 - what are their registered names…. interested to see if related to Franie or C-Me

Raven is Ch. Eldorado 'n Akuaba's Nevermore (out of Ch. Eldorado's Bejeweled and Am/Can Ch Candu's Rocket Man). Obo is a Klassy son from Debbie's litter last year (can't remember his registered name, but he finished his championship last year). So yes, Pat, related to your C-Me?

• Houston

Her name rocks..brilliant. I can't wait to see her in pictures…

• I put a picture of my little Ella under forum section, Show Off your dog. Still not sure how to properly post pictures, but there is a thumbnail image there.

Suggested Topics