• You can get a cable to attach to most Dremel style tools that is maybe 3 feet long. It makes it easier to control and keeps the motor away from the work area. I find it much easier for projects around the house and I imagine it would be easier for nails, though I have never tried the Dremel on them.

I guess you could even get a shoe box and line it with insualtion and put the actual motor in there to make it even queter, though you could only do that for a couple of minutes due to overheating the tool.

• My dremel is a one-piece, hand-held battery operated thingie.

What motor are you talking about keeping away from the work area?

• I have two different types (well three really) of dremels-I have an electric with seven speeds that I do not use on the dogs-too powerful. I have a rechargeable that has a bigger wheel at the end and I have a battery operated one that has a smaller wheel. I also use sandpaper wraps on the wheels. I also groom other people's dogs and I have found once they get used to it they seem to be more at ease with it than clippers. I have had a few dogs with curled nails into the pads of their feet (actually had one last night that had been groomed by another groomer about 3 mos ago. They couldn't have done it's nails) and have had to dremel through the nail. I just find it sooooo much easier. Also with the rechargeable and the battery one I can take them with me on the field in case of problems (it has happened) and they don't make the really loud whining noise the electric do.

• Holy guacamole! That looks serious! LOL I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using that on a dog!

• Mine is the Oster Dremmel that has a very low setting that I use with sand paper NO STONES 🙂

Suggested Topics